SOLVED

Why is this still not rolled out?

Brass Contributor
Microsoft Teams - Teams/Skype Consumer chat and calling interop
Enable Teams and Skype for Consumers users to chat and make VoIP calls to each other
Featured ID: 53935
Added to Roadmap: 7/30/2019
Last Modified: 3/31/2020
Tags: Worldwide (Standard Multi-Tenant), General Availability, O365, Microsoft Teams
Release: Q1 CY2020
15 Replies

@cvanaxel Hello, our policy is preventing us from enable the 'Skype Consumer' feature so I cannot confirm if it's working or not. You've checked the available config using admin center or PowerShell? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-skype-interop#set-whether-teams-users-can-comm...

We did and it is not working. So it is probally not rollout but what is more disappointing. They don’t even take the time to tell customers it is postponed or something.

@cvanaxel Sorry to hear that. It certainly isn't the first time if that's the case (e.g. available config in PowerShell but not rolled out on tenant).

Also forgetting that some customers or depending on these releases and have communicated internal the release date.

I probally won't get an answer from Microsoft.

@cvanaxel Hello again Clinton, why not give it a try? I can create an advisory as well (tomorrow though). I wouldn't be surprised if someone in the community has an answer to the question. We'll see!

Hi,

In my tenant is is already active.
I created a blog post about it a while ago.

See:
https://msteams.me/msteams-new-feature-skype-consumer-chat-and-calling-interop/ for more information.

Let me know if you have some questions after reading it, maybe I can assist.

Regards,
Mitchell Bakker
What did you enroll org-wide = Teams Only? What or your settings?
I’m on Teams-Only mode.
I can test it on another tenant tomorrow, that one is still on a coexistence mode, and let you know the outcome.

I think it will not work as any other mode is still using SfB, so only on teams-only mode will make the proper connection to Skype consumer.
Is there any sign you can see that it is roll-out to your tenant?
No sign, I guess you have to figure it out by doing a “trial and error” run ;)
That’s what I did ;p

I guess it should be already on as a Microsoft employee posted a video on LinkedIn :grinning_face:
see: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/activity-6657873797120569344-11Mq
best response confirmed by cvanaxel (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@cvanaxel Hello, I just received a message from Microsoft that the feature has been withdrawn to the development stage as per the roadmap.

But is really stupid if you rollout for a lot of customers and some don’t get the feature. It is really a insult and also almost discrimination.

@cvanaxel Hi Clinton, just received this update from MS.

"Apologies for the delays experienced in the full implementation of this feature, but be informed that the product team is considering this feature to work and also efficiently, so any concerns that will negatively affect the customer's tenants worldwide if rolled out has to be mitigated before the final release, hence the change in status. Be rest assured that this feature will be released, and we will definitely update all our customers, this is also possible to be done gradually to tenants."

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by cvanaxel (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@cvanaxel Hello, I just received a message from Microsoft that the feature has been withdrawn to the development stage as per the roadmap.

View solution in original post