Error creating Online Teams Meeting: Something went wrong. Edit event to try again.

Copper Contributor

Hey Gang,

I have one solitary user that started getting this error a couple of weeks ago.
"Something went wrong. Edit event to try again."

If an offline meeting is made, it works fine. But it cannot create online meetings (With the Teams link for people to join)

This is the case with all versions of Outlook and Teams. I.E. Desktop, web browser, phone apps.

We have made no changes to the user's account and as far as we can tell, they are the only person to have this issue. They are a manager and need to be able to schedule meetings with links.

I did attempt to assign a calling plan to the account, but it did not fix the problem. (User has a 365 BP license already)

The only things I have been able to find here on the forums are from a while back, with claims that Microsoft had created a fix and rolled it out. It is odd that only a solitary user is having this issue.

Tomorrow we will attempt to sign him out of all 365 apps across all devices and reset MFA, but I do not feel this will work. We are Azure joined (for users, not devices yet).
Edit: A complete log out did not suffice to fix this problem. It is still prevalent across all platforms.

Any insight, things to check or suggestions would be great!

Appreciated!
Mike

6 Replies

@MikeMurray1520 Please also check if this user has a live account with the same id/login as this could be conflicting as well. Seen this a couple of times

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved

If you like my response, please give it a LikeLikeLike

visit my youtube channel KbWorks! :smile: or KbWorks.nl

Hi Paul, our usernames are specific to the company unfortunately. I do see how this would cause a conflict otherwise though.
We shall see if logging them out of 365 everywhere works today.
I'll post on this board if I happen across a solution on my own.

Thank you for your answer!
A complete log-out of 365 applications did not fix the issue.
Even through they are unique to your company people still can create addresses themself please check it with the user.
Unfortunately this is not the issue. The account was working fine until a few weeks ago, with no major changes detected during the time it stopped working.

@MikeMurray1520 In this case I would suggest to create a ticket for this case.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved

If you like my response, please give it a LikeLikeLike

visit my youtube channel KbWorks! :smile: or KbWorks.nl