When "User A" is invited to a Teams meeting, "User B" gets the invite as well

Copper Contributor

When "User A" is invited to a Teams meeting, "User B" gets the invite as well. "User B is able to accept on behalf of "User A"

How do I solve this?

9 Replies

@MarcW64 Sounds like you want to setup a delegate in Outlook. If User A delegates their calendar to User B, User B will get invites for User A.

https://www.lync.se/2020/02/meeting-delegation/

Meeting delegation is not possible in Teams yet, but it is planned. You can vote for it here

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/34050022-ms-teams-meeting-dele...

Are you trying to enable such scenarios or troubleshoot an issue? For the latter, look at the ResourceDelegate value in the calendar processing settings for User A - if any entry is present there (User B), any meeting request addressed to User A will be forwarded. You can also use Outlook delegate settings to check.

If you want to enable such scenarios, Linus already gave you the answer above.

@Linus Cansby I wasn't clear. This is currently happening, and we do not want it to. Someone outside of our tech team keeps getting invites to join our meetings. Is there anything I can check admin side, or does it have to be user side?

Can you check the delegation settings for user A or if User A is forwarding anything to User B.

I have confirmed that No one involved has delegates enabled, and the are no forwarding settings configured.

@MarcW64 Is there any difference if you invite via Outlook or Teams? Or if it is a regular Outlook meeting or meeting with Teams meeting information?

@MarcW64 So it really sounds like there is some delegation or forwarding going on.

Can you check with this powershell command:

Get-MailboxFolderPermission userA@domain.com:\Calendar

@MarcW64 Is this only happening for Teams meetings? There are multiple reasons why this could be happening. Either way, I would start with a message trace.