Teams not finding Rooms (resource mailboxes) when scheduling within Teams.

Brass Contributor

My org has hundreds of Room resource mailboxes; they're not "Teams Rooms" - simply Room Resources that have been around for some time, some of which are used for hybrid meetings.

If I schedule the Teams meeting from within the Outlook desktop app, the LOCATION option finds all of the Room Resources and I can choose the appropriate location:

SWSoCo2_3-1689264920969.png

However, if I try to schedule the Teams meeting from within the Teams app (either on my own calendar or a channel calendar), the Room Resources don't appear as location options:

SWSoCo2_5-1689265067037.png

Is there a configuration/setting within EXO [or elsewhere?] to make Room Resources (that **are not** configured as "Teams Rooms") to be LOCATION options, when scheduling Teams meetings from a calendar within Teams?

2 Replies

Hi @SW-SoCo2,

If your Room Resources (resource mailboxes) are not appearing as location options when scheduling Teams meetings in the Teams app, you can try to use / check these options:

1. Check (confirm) that the Room Resources (resource mailboxes) have been configured to allow scheduling for Teams meetings. This can be done through Exchange Online settings.

Manage resource mailboxes in Exchange Online | Microsoft Learn

Also, check if the "EnableDirectBooking" property is set to true for the Room Resources. You can use the following PowerShell command to enable it (and use Get-CalendarProcessing command to check the settings):

Set-CalendarProcessing -Identity "<RoomResourceIdentity>" -EnableDirectBooking $true

Set-CalendarProcessing (ExchangePowerShell) | Microsoft Learn

Replace `<RoomResourceIdentity>` with the identity (email address) of the Room Resource.

2. Verify Exchange Online and Teams integration: Ensure that Exchange Online and Teams are properly integrated. The integration allows Teams to access and display Room Resources as location options. Verify that Exchange Online is connected to Teams and the necessary configurations are in place. This includes ensuring that the Exchange Online mailboxes for the Room Resources are associated with Teams.

3. Check Teams meeting policy settings: Review the Teams meeting policy assigned to the user scheduling the meeting in Teams. Ensure that the policy allows for selecting location options from Room Resources. You can use the following PowerShell command to update the policy:

Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -Identity "<PolicyIdentity>" -AllowCustomLocation $true

Set up Meeting Registration in Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Learn

Replace `<PolicyIdentity>` with the identity (name or ID) of the Teams meeting policy.

4. Clear Teams cache: If the above configurations are in place, but Room Resources still don't appear as location options, try clearing the Teams cache. Close the Teams app, navigate to the `%appdata%\Microsoft\Teams` folder, and delete all the files and folders within it. Then, relaunch Teams and check if the Room Resources are now available as location options.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic

@SW-SoCo2 You need to add your rooms to Room Finder, as documented here: Configure rooms and workspaces for Room Finder - Outlook | Microsoft Learn

Note that changes in Room Finder take up to 24-48 hours to take effect. Also, if you are in a hybrid Exchange environment, there are additional steps at the end of this article you need to follow.