SOLVED

Teams call controls on jabra headset not working

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

I recently bought a new Jabra Evolve 75 headset to replace my old wired plantronics set. I purchased the Microsoft version of the headset, which is supposed to have better integration with Microsoft products such as Teams. It's a great product, but while i can change volume and mute calls using the headset controls, I can't accept or close a call, which is annoying. I've been in touch with Jabra support for last few days and reviewed all settings, but they have concluded it's nothing to do with the headset (as it works fine on my softphone client), and must be a Microsoft problem. 

Do you have any suggestions to sort this problem or is it a case of waiting and hoping for a new software update that will resolve the issue at some point in the future?

Cheers

116 Replies

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to provide update on my case... I contacted my IT and they said, as it was said previously by someone here, that it is not an option to set Teams to Teams only mode since it would kill Skype which is used as well by the colleagues. Ridiculous...

Congrats to MS and JABRA and to all other manufacturers who just do not give a ... after they sold their ... products...

My Jabra 510 worked beautifully for a good 5 months and then it went no controls. What is happening with Teams?

I have same issue with Jabra Speak 750 Speaker Phone - Microsoft Teams Certified Portable Conference Speaker . The mute control does not work with team, means if you mute on speakers, the speaker mutes but team conf call shows as unmuted and vice versa . I raised a support ticket with Team and below was the response

>>>>
Jabra R&D has recently become aware of the loss of device control functions when using MS Teams. After investigation, everything indicates that it is an MS Teams behaviour and that there is unfortunately not much we can do from our side. The issue is not only affecting Jabra users but our competitors as well. We advise you to regularly look after the latest MS Teams updates since a solution could appear anytime.

>>>>>

So looking forward from MS

This is really strange!

I have this with two Teams users on the SAME PC with SAME logged in user and same Teams app version.

When "user 1" is logged in Teams call controls works fine on a Jabra Engage 75 headset. When I log "user 1" out of Teams and switch to "user 2" NO call control works!

What in the users Teams profile can do the change?? Same politics and both in "Teams Only" mode!

This is really strange.....

@Lars_Christensen1970 I had the settings changed to Teams only but it does not work... 

Having the same issue. It's confusing other participants on the call.
We have the following setup

Jabra engage 75 mono (latest fw)
Teams desktop app (latest fw)

Problems:
Call pickup / control not working for teams calls
Ringtone on base station only works for about 5 percent of the users.

Jabra support points to microsoft and the other way.

@Pernille-Eskebo and @jabra the way it is currently the endusers will not get happy with your solution. This issue is now pending since months.

Is there any update on this?
Thanks

Hi @Lars_Christensen1970, thanks for sharing this information. I was encountering the same issue, and this gave me a hint about what might be happening as well as a possible workaround.

After removing and re-installing the Jabra Direct software, the issue is resolved for me.

My theory is that having a second user log in to the Teams app causes a configuration issue with the Jabra software which is resolved by re-installing it. I may investigate further to see if I can identify the exact reason this occurs.

@Ryan Steele I can confirm that uninstalling and reinstalling the Jabra Direct software worked for me too! Thanks for sharing. Mute/unmute and Teams dedicated button on my Jabra evolve2 40 are working again.

I did login as another user on the same PC before, at some point in the past. Not sure if that is what triggered this problem, but there are a lot of people having similar issue on Microsoft Teams UserVoice. Have a look here.

Hi!

I my case I didn't have Jabra Direct installed. So I don't think that this is the root cause? But I will definitely try this!

btw. since I replied in this thread, the version of Teams app has changed from 1.3.00.21759
to 1.3.00.24755.
Could MS have done any changes in this matter in the update??

Update: Mine started partially working again. Can mute and unmute Teams-calls. Seems there has been an update on either side (I haven't manually updated Jabra-products though). 

@Lars_Christensen1970 

Hi Jabra Direct is installed only when Team installation is controlled by corporate installations tools like SCCM. If you download the Teams from MS website and install it , you may not have the same. 

In my case, I have disabled SCCM, uninstalled Jabra Direct , then restarted the PC. Further installed Team. I still have the issue !

@sthoma87993 

Jabra Direct has nothing directly to do with Teams installation regardless from SCCM or MS website?!?

But perhaps in your setup?

@Lars_Christensen1970 

True - there shouldn't be.

As I have spent some good amount of time , these were my observations

1. I used to have SCCM deploy Team on my laptop

2. Sometimes back it started failing, the SCCM regular update Team remove the existing software and when it try re-installing , it used to fail.

3. So every time, SCCM kicks up , the Teams used to get disappeared 

4. So I got the policy updated on my laptop so that SCCM will never update team

5. Then I downloaded the Team from MS website.

6. As SCCM do not update my Team software installation , Now I have Teams working ( It does not removed automatically as part of SCCM cycle)

But this may not have anything to do with the current issue.

@sthoma87993 

It workes again for us.

What we did. 

1. Uninstalled Jabra

2. Reinstalled Jabra direct with sccm (under user context)

Our issue was that we installed Jabra during the task sequence but we need to do the installation under the user context.

We will do some further testing but the first 3 users we could fix with this approach.

@Pags319 

breaking (or making ) News - Its working 

I have just updated the Team  - It started working magically - My jabra is syncing up with Team !

1. Open Microsoft Teams.
  2. Click the Profile menu from the top-right.
  3. Click the Check for updates 

@sthoma87993 

for us it was only working with installing jabra direct under user context in SCCM.

Only Update Teams to 1.3.00.24755 did not solved the issue.

Hi guys,

It works again. I did not do anything. On Friday, it did not work but now it works again. I really do not know what happened. Today I just started the work as usual and like a miracle it works fine. Everything: call control, mute/unmute, even the Teams button does what it should be.

Actually, I restarted my PC and there were some Windows updates installed. Maybe in them there was the solution.

András

@andrasvalcz Do you use teams with Jabra Direct installed or without?

Yes, with JABRA DIRECT installed