SOLVED

Teams call controls on jabra headset not working

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

I recently bought a new Jabra Evolve 75 headset to replace my old wired plantronics set. I purchased the Microsoft version of the headset, which is supposed to have better integration with Microsoft products such as Teams. It's a great product, but while i can change volume and mute calls using the headset controls, I can't accept or close a call, which is annoying. I've been in touch with Jabra support for last few days and reviewed all settings, but they have concluded it's nothing to do with the headset (as it works fine on my softphone client), and must be a Microsoft problem. 

Do you have any suggestions to sort this problem or is it a case of waiting and hoping for a new software update that will resolve the issue at some point in the future?

Cheers

116 Replies

@libby2cm 

Since last week it's working!

Microsoft Teams version 1.3.00.12058 (64-bits)

Jabra Direct version 4.0.8560

Jabra Link 370 Firmware 1.50.0

Jabra Evolve 75 Firmware 2.10.0 (Value Pack 1)

Windows 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Only Teams mode. No PBX or external calling.

@dheuts Interesting, thanks. We're actually using the Jabra Speak 750, but I would assume that if it works on one jabra device should be the same on another Jabra. Are you running in teams only mode or island mode as discused above?

@DanMan We are on Teams Only mode.

@owler_77 I had the same issue with jebra speak 710 when I connected it directly to pc using usb cable.  when I switch to use Bluetooth dongle came with it, all the controls started working from a speakerphone.

I can confirm that it works for me too now. It seems that the 1909 update of Windows solved it. It still seems a bit brittle though, e.g. if I open a conversation window BEFORE I plug in the headset, the controls just turn into a disco light after a little while... But that is easily avoidable.

Hi all... looks like the latest Jabra update has resolved this issue! For the first time it's working as they sold it... Happy days!

@owler_771350 

Will be testing it now..

Hello,

We are also having issues with call controls we Jabra Evolve 75.  Started a couple of days ago.  Also noticed that our Teams client has reverted back to previous state even though on version 1.3.0021759. Lost the new abilities like the new call/meeting pop-out in window. The setting for it also removed from Settings > General.  Running Windows 10 Ent 2004 (19041.450). We also use full Teams PSTN calling and tenant is set to Teams Only mode. Jabra Link 370 (1.82.0), Evolve 75 (2.32.0 VP2). I do notice now in the Jabra Direct software under the Device tab and Product Info says Certified for Microsoft Teams (Bluetooth), No.

Same isues here !

We have Jabra evolve2 65 MS and since a couple of weeks the Teams button doesn't work anymore (it does not bring TEAMS in foreground, and not open up meeting neither). The LED on the link 380 and the headset does not turn to purple as well.

Jabra support tells me it's a TEAMS update issue. What is really strange is that we have one user with exactly the same setup as us which is working properly.

• Jabra Evolve2 65 firmware : 2.3.13
  • Jabra Link 380 firmware : 1.6.6
  • abra Direct version : 4.0.8560 with  Microsoft Teams ”Ready”
  • Teams version : 1.3.00.21759 (64 bits) in "Teams Only" mode

I tried reinstalling Jabra Direct without any success...

I am really upset by this lack of support.

@Antoine HESKIA 

I am jst as displeased regarding support from both Jabra and Micrsoft.

I have 161 users on Teams, wit about 6 that have the call control issue.

All my headsets are manage via Jabara Express, so are all on the latest firmwares etc.

Same issue here!

I have tested a bit in our environment. Have tested among several headset brands, Sennheiser, Jabra etc., We have several different builds of Windows 10, primarily 1809 and 1909.
My tests shows that the call control problem WASN'T solved in general in 1909!

Another funny thing came out in my tests. Tested on a win10 1909 client with Jabra Engage 75 connected. On the same domain user I found that for Teams "user 1" that call control worked fine. Logged in Teams "user 2" and here call controls did not work !! ALL users run in Teams only mode. What on Teams user setting level can do the outcome?

@owler_77 

@Lars_Christensen1970 : Yes, you can have dofferent behaviors with the same environment ! This is crazy !

I have finally fixed my issue by enabling "Preliminary version for developpers" within TEAMS...

@owler_77  Same issue here. This used to work in the spring, but after the summer muting and answering / ending calls with MS Teams stopped working. It's quite annoying. Please fix this, Microsoft! 

@Ole_Martin That is concerning. If this is intentional to promote new line of Teams products, it is problematic in many ways and will most certainly hurt MS Teams in a long run. 

@He1di wrote:

@Ole_Martin That is concerning. If this is intentional to promote new line of Teams products, it is problematic in many ways and will most certainly hurt MS Teams in a long run. 

Indeed!

On the positive side; the latest firmware upgrade of my headset (through Jabra Direct) made it Teams Certified. So that is something at least.

And - knock on wood - I have not experienced this problem for over a week now...

edit: virtually knocking on wood did not help, the jinx hit me straight away :(

Again I am unable to hang up using the controls. It beeps to confirm the click, and then nothing.

@owler_77 

Same issue here:
Jabra Evolve2 65 MS firmware 2.4.5
Jabra 380 firmware 1.7.3
Teams (Version 1.3.00.21759 (64-bit)),
Latest Jabra Direct isntalled from website

Windows versions 1909 and 2004

My Jabra is connected to the 380 and my iPhone (I tried it separately too, hell, I even tried if the Teams button has an effect on my iPhone). I have tried logging out of Teams, reinstalling Teams, reinstalling Jabra, starting and connecting Jabra before starting Teams. The Jabra direct software recognizes Teams and says it's "Ready". I have tried to use the new features of teams (separate windows for chat and calls) on and off. No change.

When hitting the dedicated Teams button, the light becomes red on the earcups, I can see the volume being adapted in Windows and IF there was currently music playing through the headphones, it goes to the background and sounds like a lower quality (but does not pause).

But it
- never brings Teams to the foreground (not when it is minimized to taskbar or notification area nor simply behind another window)
- responds to alerts (meeting started, calls (audio/video), etc...)

I bought the MS version of this Jabra ESPECIALLY for the "integration". Seems like I made a mistake.

Same here. I was just getting crazy. Call control worked for while and suddenly stopped working. I have JABRA EVOLVE2 65 MS Teams. I contacted JABRA and it was not easy. But what I got is that some gibberish regarding Island mode and MS issues and that they cannot help but they are surely not responsible, although they are advertising a device as having the best collaboration with Teams but actually there is no collaboration at all. I contacted MS support as well, but they said that I should contact my IT. You can imagine how much my IT care about my JABRA headset issue. And actually this is my headset and it should work with Teams but everybody who should provide support is just telling me bull**bleep**.

I reinstalled everything including Windows. It is so annoying. It seems that it nobody's responsibility.

@libby2cm how and where do I submit a ticket?  i have the Sennheiser/EPOS Adapt 360 headset with the certified MS Teams dongle.  It has stopped working after about 1 month of flawless use.  I have been in contact with EPOS but we have found nothing wrong with the headset hardware.

Also, do i need to contact my IT support re: "Island mode"?  

thanks in advance.

Hi @Lorie_Burmood, I am just a struggling user as well, but as far as I know, only the admin of the Teams/office365 can submit a ticket on that. As I was told, there is an admin page in the Teams settings (it is only visible if you are the admin) and there the admin can file a ticket.