New Teams - Video freezing

Brass Contributor

I have no issues using the "old" version of teams. The problem only occurs in the "new" version.

In a meeting all incoming video turns black (including shared screens). my image "floats" in the middle of the screen and is also frozen.

The "mini" window when I minimize the application during a meeting show live/unfrozen incoming video of the speaker.

Version Info:

You have Microsoft Teams version 23231.413.2355.7555.
You've got the latest version. It was last updated on 9/12/2023.
The client version is 49/23082000931.

Frozen screenFrozen screen

217 Replies
Was that not working on Brio and was working with the Elgato or did both give you problems?

I have the Brio 4k
its exactly the problem with the OP. when you join a call on channels, chats or appointments and you get the preview window, you click join and your last picture of the cam freezes and your picture is frozen in the middle of the screen. and when someone it screensharing all cameras and audio is frozen and you have to rejoin the meeting.

there is no difference in using the brio 4k or the facecam pro, its the same problem anyhow which cam you are using.

I have the same problem here. Video freezes as soon and someone starts sharing some content.

I have the same issue also. I am using an integrated webcam on my Alienware laptop (integrated webcam with a RTX 3070).

If I open a meeting and make sure that the PiP was never enabled, I can join a meeting. But as soon as someone screenshares or any major video changes occur in the Meeting, I lose my incoming video.
Seems to be a bug that many people have! I have no idea of the solution (or a workround) or how to contact Microsoft either???

I've seen an issue with the video stream going down even when I'm not using my Virtual Camera.  The video images are instead replaced by a document that was previously being shared by a call participant.

Inbound camera video and screen sharing just seems broken in this New version of Teams.

@Thealster 

I don't know where is the best / official way to report this issue, but this might be a better way. 

https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/1a5a196a-095e-ee11-a81c-000d3ae46fcb

Please everyone go on this page and upvote the issue! 

I can confirm the same for me, went through all of the standard cache clearing, etc. Video freezes after a few seconds. All OS / Drivers up to date.

Windows 11 Home
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
32.0 GB RAM
AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core Processor
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070
Exactly the same problem here with Logictech Brio, Windows 11 and RTX 4090.

Voted the issue in feedback portal.

I have the issue as well with AMD 6800xt (high powered GPU) + 7800x3d integrated graphics (low powered GPU) + Logitech Brio 4K camera, latest drivers and software for everything. I have done all the usual troubleshooting steps as well as some unusual ones.

Running as admin works for me, but this is not an option for my corporate users.

Everyone, go spam the MS feedback page at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/new-teams-video-freezing/m-p/3925515 so maybe they'll address the issue.

Running as Admin doesn't solve the issue for me.
We seem to have a functional workaround:

- Disable Hardware acceleration in EDGE before restarting Teams. This seems to affect all Webview application and prevents Teams from using them.
I tested the "disable hardware acceleration in Edge" solution, it was already disabled in mine, so I tested all combinations of running with it enabled/disabled and running Teams as admin/user... Seems to require BOTH disabled hardware acceleration in Edge AND running as admin. If either condition was false, the camera video froze.

Not really a full solution as my corporate users don't have admin rights. As I get Teams updates, I'll retest, but for now, this is it.
I am noticing that everyone posting here that listed their hardware is using a "real" GPU.... is anyone seeing this with integrated graphics or is it restricted to just add-on GPU users?
Nope... while it was OK during limited testing, upon taking it further, as soon as I did anything within the meeting it froze again.

Microsoft should not be pushing New Teams this hard at this time, IMHO this is NOT ready for GA yet. Back to classic Teams for me.
I confirm, I put my laptop to sleep, and then as soon as I came back, even with the accelerations turned off, it is still breaking the new Teams.
Are you on integrated laptop graphics? Does your laptop have an additional GPU other than what's built into the CPU? For example, mine has Intel Iris Xe graphics built into the CPU, and an Nvidia T500 as the "high powered" graphics chipset.

@Rob_ICP_AZ 

I have a high end graphics card on a desktop

Seems like everyone who has a real GPU is seeing this issue - are you not? I'm actually trying to figure out if people on integrated graphics are. Looking at everyone's system specs (out of the people who posted them), every one of them has a real GPU in their system. I am trying to figure out if this is part of the pattern of who has the issue.

Same for me. GeForce RTX 3070
@Rob_ICP_AZ