SOLVED

New Meeting and calling experience not showing up

Iron Contributor

Greetings,

The new meeting and calling experience has rolled out to our tenant.  However, it will not appear for me.  On my team there are 11 of us, and it shows up for all 10. If I sign into my app as another user, they have the option, but once I sign back into it, it's gone.   

Is it a timing thing?  It just seems weird that all of my other teammates have the option, plus the other user accounts i've tried on my devices, but not for my account.   I've logged out, uninstalled.. done about all I can do.  I'm at a loss...

33 Replies

Thanks for the update, would be great if MS would confirm this and possible provide some official info?

@Christopher Neuendorf 

My Teams New Experience was working just fine and suddenly on 8/29/20  it quit. I'm a teacher and really was looking forward to having the large gallery and together mode to use with my class. Does anyone know when it will be back or what is wrong?

@Christopher Neuendorf 

Same issue here. It worked well for the users and now for some it disappeared.

Hopefully Microsoft fix this soon.

@Christopher Neuendorf 

Same here. I assume, if you are an Call Queue agent, you lose the new experience, because there is an issue accepting incoming calls. If you try to answer a call from a Call Queue with the new experience active, call will disappear and not answered. Caller still waits in the queue.

I assume, MS has disable new experience feature for CQ agents as long as this issue hasn't been fixed.

Yes there is some sort of issue with the new meeting experience and answering calls from call queue that does not have Conference Mode enabled.

Have seen that a few times and once you enabled Conference Mode on the call queue, you're able to pick up calls again.

Only issue is Conference Mode does not work if they are using a non native Teams handset.

@Andrew Zasadny - I had the new meeting experience and now it's gone in one of my tenants and not the other.  I realize now how much the new features were needed.  I wish there would be some communication from Microsoft about this as opposed to spending time trying to figure out how to enable this.  

@Stephan_Kaufmann that makes sense as those who do not have conference calling feature are impacted. I do hope MS can give an update about this issue. Thank you,

I have many usere in call queues who still have the new meeting experience and several that don't. I am not sure this correct.
Same in my environment. I have even kicked me out of all call groups, deleted my cache reinstalled teams, but still not able to activate popout meetings again.

@Nico Weber 

Seems to have a relation with Phone System an Call Queue, but removing from call queu will not solve the issue. Please check post from Jelle Goossens (Rikolto) here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/my-new-meeting-experience-has-disappeared/019a...

Hope Microsoft solves it soon!

@Stephan_Kaufmann 

Got back new Calling and Meeting Experience.

Issue with not able to answer calls from Call Queue (without conferencing mode) with an SfB certified headset (not Teams certified headset) and Media Bypass active is there again. Workaround: enable Conferencing Mode in CQ.

@Stephan_Kaufmann , yes all our users got it back end of last week. Looks like its the default setting for all our users now.

@edith85 

Same here. I got back the new meeting experience at the end of last week. Super happy about it!

@Mart Lehtmets Confirming its back for our users as well. :smile: