SOLVED

New Meeting and calling experience not showing up

Iron Contributor

Greetings,

The new meeting and calling experience has rolled out to our tenant.  However, it will not appear for me.  On my team there are 11 of us, and it shows up for all 10. If I sign into my app as another user, they have the option, but once I sign back into it, it's gone.   

Is it a timing thing?  It just seems weird that all of my other teammates have the option, plus the other user accounts i've tried on my devices, but not for my account.   I've logged out, uninstalled.. done about all I can do.  I'm at a loss...

33 Replies
Do the 11 of you have the same version of Teams installed? When I have seen differences between Teams Client features is because different versions installed

@Juan Carlos González Martín 

Yep, everybody has the same version. I've tried even a slightly newer version that was posted in the comments in the blog announcement.    I'm pretty sure it's just my account since I can sign into Teams with another account and the features show up.  I've checked my policies in the admin center and nothing is out of the ordinary.  

Hi @Christopher Neuendorf - yesterday I stumbled upon a new toggle in Teams settings > General menu to enable the new meeting experience for my account. Hopefully that takes care of it for you!

@Kelly_Edinger 

No, that's not it all all.  That's why I created this post.  The toggle is missing for my account and it is there for everybody else.  Any  machine I sign into, there is no toggle.  If others sign into the same machine, the setting is there.

This is not an accepted answer as marked, because there is still something borked with my account that is not allowing the option to appear when it is appearing for the other 10 users on my team.  I'm sure once word gets out this is available we will have to deal with more users missing this?  Is there anything we can check on the tenant, or at a user account level?

I have this same issue, the toggle for the new meeting experience wont show up for some users in our tenant including me.

I've logged in using an account in another tenant and the toggle was there under that account, then logged back to my account and it was gone. This is using the same Teams desktop client version, so version is not it and I'm on 1.3.00.19173 (64 bit). Have tried it with a few different version as well.

No idea why the button appears for some accounts in our tenant and not others.

@Laggie If you figure something out, let me know and I will do the same. My initial reaction is that it is still rolling out, but the fact that my entire team of 11 people I am the only one that hasn't gotten it yet, seems more then just chance... 

@Laggie 

I've also discovered if I switch to the developer preview, my meetings will actually pop out.. but it's messed up even more because the meeting bar still is on the bottom and you don't have access to things like chat.. so that's not really an option either.

@Christopher Neuendorf Finally the option has appeared today.

All I did was exit Teams desktop app and re-open.

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Laggie 

I booted up my computer this morning, launched Teams and BOOM, there it was!!!!

I'm glad you got it as well!  I just had to be patient. 

@Christopher Neuendorf Myself and a couple other users in my tenant are experiencing this same issue.  It was working for everyone, but then a few users lost the new meeting experience randomly and the feature hasn't returned for us yet.

@ckeep15 

Hey!

Yeah, I am experiencing the same issue. I had this feature working normally until 25-26th of August (cant tell the exact date), but now this option is missing from settings. Weird thing is that the version is same and tenant is same compared to my other colleagues and they have this toggle.

It just disappeared for no reason. :\

@Mart Lehtmets 

I reinstalled Teams, but that didnt bring back the toggle for new teams meeting unfortunately.

Same issue today on my PC; new experience was working for my pc, but for an unrelated reason i had to reinstall Teams. After reinstallation (same version), the button is now not there. I tried reinstalling again but the option still eludes me. 

Other users in my tenant with same version are working fine, and I was also before my reinstallation yesterday :(

Have checked policies etc. and there are no differences. 

@Holger Axelgaard 

I hope someone from Teams team will see this as this is really strange situation.

I really liked this feature! :)

@Mart Lehtmets 

Same issue for me.  Started Aug 25th. Seemingly after I upgraded to  Version 1.3.00.21759.  My colleagues are on the same version with no issue.  I've done all the mentioned uninstall, reinstall, pray , etc.

Yes this is also happening to a few users in our tenant. The setting just disappeared and re-installing or clearing the cache folder wont help.

However if you enable Developer preview in Teams (click on display photo > about > developer preview)

it comes back but a little buggy.

The same thing has happened to me; about the same date also.

I did switch tenants to participate in an external meeting. When I came back, the feature was gone and not in settings to re-enable. Coincidence doesn't necessarily mean causality but would very much like it back.

@Christopher Neuendorf 

@Christopher Neuendorf 

I have the same issue.  My Microsoft rep tells me that there was an issue with the new meeting join feature so it was pulled.  For some the new meeting experience was just disabled and others it was pulled completely.  Supposedly they are rushing to get a fix out.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Laggie 

I booted up my computer this morning, launched Teams and BOOM, there it was!!!!

I'm glad you got it as well!  I just had to be patient. 

View solution in original post