SOLVED

Microsoft Teams- Multiple Meeting Organizers

Brass Contributor

I am new to Teams. I'm looking to find information on how you can have multiple meeting organizers. I would like to be able to create a meeting, but also have a co-worker have the capability of edit the meeting.

Is this possible?

25 Replies

@Rae Jobst 

I have found a way to allow a teams meeting to be managed somewhat by a shared inbox. This means that meeting times and the invite can be managed by anyone with access, its a bit of a faf but I have posted some screen shots to this page. By sending the invite from my work account to the shared inbox, then copying the meeting to a new outlook meeting that I send from the shared inbox;

all attendees see the teams invite from the shared inbox with the shared inbox as the organiser however the meeting is owned by my account. All the things that can be managed by an outlook account like invite and meeting times are easily updated by anyone with access and if someone needs to change the meeting options, then they can invite the shared inbox to a new meeting and change out the text on the invite sent by the shared inbox.

Kudos if anyone followed that, but it solved my issues; 

Thanks :) Will take a look but I think it is similar to the workaround we are using at the moment using a shared account. I work in a university where Teams Meetings is our tool for online classes, and with large student groups and several educators, we need the ability for multiple organisers who have the same functions as the organiser currently does. Hopefully once this first iteration is released there will be a follow up that delivers full functionality.

@KatyTurner  - This is a big rub for us as well as we're trying to get more people using Teams. Sometimes the Owner of a group meeting is out (or even left the org) and other team members cannot cancel/move a meeting. If a person leaves our org, we can make new meeting invites, but then we lose chat history and such...which was a big sell. Even the ability to set a co-owner would solve this.

Microsoft must never have people out or leave their present positions. lol. 

This is big issue for my Team as well.  

@E_Vincent @gokler @Rae Jobst 

Microsoft are currently working on this per feedback

Assign multiple organizers on a Teams meeting · Community (microsoft.com)

Whilst we have the co-organiser role it has it's limitations such as recording. However, what MS didn't disclose when they brought out the co-org was it's really the first stage towards multiple organizers with the same permissions as the main organiser who created the meeting. Would recommend voting up and then let's hope it comes soon.

Best, Chris

Best, Chris

This solution does not appear to work for users on Mac platforms. When will that be addressed?