SOLVED

Cannot hide gallery in "focus on content" or "full screen" mode

Brass Contributor

Hi There,

Previously, when I selected "focus on content" on Teams, the gallery would be hidden. Recently, I reinstalled my laptop and found out that after "focus on content" is select, all the other attendants face would be hidden, but not mine. The following picture shows the screenshot of the Teams.

This phenomenon also happens when I use "Full Screen".

Someone knows how to solved it?

Thanks in advance

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[update  1/28/2022]: A new Team v1.4.00.35564 has been released, and solved this issue. Please update your team.

Picture1.png

60 Replies
yes, we are the same, now have to use web version Teams for this...
buy the way, anyone knows how Microsoft wants it act?
I find nothing from Microsoft, which make me can't tell what is the right way it should be
This puzzles me, too. Even if Microsoft is not using Teams themselves (sometimere there seems no other explaination) they should have noticed the outcry each time thty crippled fullscreen mode. Is it really possible that they do not yet have a full screen mode test case for the validation test? Or do they release changes untestet? Both seems equally unlikely to me.
I really hope that someone from Microsoft read this and will take it into account.
So it's not only annoying. In my case is counter productive.

In my case there are 2 things which can improve work:
- focus mode - at the moment this mode works that way, that it hides other avatars, but my is still present, what make shared screen smaller than in could be. Maybe it's not a problem when you are looking for videos, but when someone is presenting data from excel or other tool, than it causes problem with resolution and shared content is little bit blurred.
So focus mode should hide everything meeting option bar from the top.
- full screen mode - at the moment full screen mode hides only window bar, remaining things are present. It should work that way, that everything in that mode is hidden, including meeting options bar, participants avatars list etc.

I use 24" screen with 1920x1080 resolution, so this is no a problem with screen size or small resolution. But even with such setup I have real problem with in my daily work.

I think that, there is no big problem with solving this problem.
It would be more than enough, if Microsoft would restore the way how those options worked in past.
Releated to this bug I have a feature request.
Give for all itmes (gallery, chat, participants...) at least the option to pop it out in a seperate window.
In a time where almost every one has two sceens it's absolutely not understandable why I'm limited to see either the content fullscreen (that is not decipherable in another way) or the participants when I need to keep track of both in parallel but I'm not the inviter/presenter.
The single window for all concept is not state of the art anymore!
This new bug wouldn't be an big deal if the gallery could be popped out into an own window and could be either shifted to another screen or sent to background.
This is so deeply irritating.... pleeeeeaaasseee fix it
Having the Gallery, Participants & Chats open up in a different window would be awesome.
Same issue. When you have poor vision, this is a real problem. I really wish they'd do a full QA test before they pushed updates. Seems like they're constantly breaking things without warning.
best response confirmed by Jan_Steberl (Microsoft)
Solution

We are sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue with focus mode in meetings. The feature team is aware of the issue and has an internal fix in testing. We'll keep you posted as soon as the fix is rolling out.
Update: Fix is now rolling out to production.

@Jan_Steberl 

this is really irritating 

Just attended a meeting this morning and it seems to be working again?!

When others are sharing, selecting "Focus on content" goes full screen with my avatar shrunken and floating in the bottom corner.

Things I've done recently:

1. Deleted the 'Teams' folder and essentially reset the app. NOTE: It didn't work straight after doing this.
  2. Used the online web version of Teams for the most recent meeting before todays meeting. Of course it worked as intended in the web version.

Today's meeting was the first one I've had since using the web version. In my mind I thought, "is it possible using the web version somehow fixed the app?". Although I doubt this is the case... unless the same works for others?

Just thought I'd share all this in case it helps narrow down the solution. :thumbs_up:

Hello chridder can you please provide detailed information on the procedure you ran to "Delete the 'Teams' folder" and detail on the environment (windows10 version, MSteams version) ?

Yes I full agree this is very annoying that this feature is now missing , any clue when a fix will be available le? @Jan_Steberl 

Just as an FYI, this is not only an issue with the focus mode (although it is related). There appears to be no way to hide the gallery when in a webinar, or an MS Team Meeting. If this is the same issue that you are referencing, thank you for the reply. We all look forward to the fix.

@catbelnok 

Follow this procedure to fully reset Teams: https://sysadmin-central.com/2021/04/28/how-to-clear-the-microsoft-teams-cache/

My versions:

MS Windows Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

Microsoft Teams Version 1.4.00.35564 (64-bit).

@Jan_Steberl Dear Jan, do you have any update about the test you mentioned? Any planned due date? It's an issue in our company as well that we can't see close enough the presented screen. Thanks in advance!

@Jan_Steberl 

Same problem here in Germany: Focus mode disables all videos in gallery but self video. Deleting cache did not help. An ASAP fix would be quite appreciated by our users, as shared screens are much to small with the gallery enabled.

hi there! seems this issue appeared in the last update. When do you expect to have a fix deployed? or do you think it could be possible to rollback to the last functional version? thanks
Dear Jan Šteberl,
I'm very happy that you found these posts and take it serious as I have sometimes the feeling that the end customer problems keep being unheard.
I want to emphasis the importance of a working full screen mode especially in times of home office. Currently we are left with either asking the presenter to zoom in so much that the overview is lost or to try hard to decipher what we actually see on the screen from 20cm distance.
Please make sure that full screen mode test is included in your validation tests. And if it was already included please investigate why the test was inefficient and improve it.