SOLVED

Can change profile name only once.

Copper Contributor

I can only change my name in Microsoft Teams once and after that I can't change it. I've tried looking into the settings but can't find it. https://myaccount.microsoft.com There's nothing to change. You can only use Microsoft Teams Mobile to change it. Please, someone who knows, please answer.

Before

MSteamsEdit.jpg

After

MSteamsEdit2.jpg

2 Replies
best response confirmed by surasakph (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @surasakph,

Can only change profile name once in Microsoft Teams?

Yes, there is a limitation in Microsoft Teams that allows users to only change their display name once in a 30-day period. This is to prevent users from abusing the feature and to protect the integrity of the Teams community.

How to change your display name in Microsoft Teams if you have already changed it within the last 30 days?

If you have already changed your display name in Microsoft Teams within the last 30 days and you need to change it again, you will need to contact your Teams administrator. They can change your display name on your behalf.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

Thank you very much
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by surasakph (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @surasakph,

Can only change profile name once in Microsoft Teams?

Yes, there is a limitation in Microsoft Teams that allows users to only change their display name once in a 30-day period. This is to prevent users from abusing the feature and to protect the integrity of the Teams community.

How to change your display name in Microsoft Teams if you have already changed it within the last 30 days?

If you have already changed your display name in Microsoft Teams within the last 30 days and you need to change it again, you will need to contact your Teams administrator. They can change your display name on your behalf.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

View solution in original post