Forms keeps freezing

Brass Contributor

Hello,

every time I tree to open my forms to edit it, it keeps freezing.

Any idea how I can solve this problem?

Thanks

5 Replies

Hi @Timo_Schuldt,

The easiest solution to fix Microsoft Forms freezing when editing is to open your form in a different browser or on a different device.

If your form opens and works fine in a different browser or device, then the issue is likely with your original browser or device.

To do this, simply follow these steps:

1. Close your current browser.
  2. Open a different browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
  3. Go to the Microsoft Forms website and log in to your account.
  4. Open your form.

If your form opens and works fine in the new browser, then you can continue editing your form in that browser. If your form still freezes, then you can try opening it on a different device, such as a smartphone or tablet.

If you are still having trouble, then you can try the other solutions, such as clearing your browser's cache and cookies, restarting your computer, or disabling any browser extensions or add-ons that you are using.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

Trying a different browser is a good idea. If the issue can consistently be reproduced and information on the exact browser, browser settings, OS, etc. can be provided that make the problem happen, that would be useful.

@Timo_Schuldt 

Is it a persistent error? Does it occur on a particular form or on all of your forms? What does the form content look like - how many questions do you have, and do you have any complex questions (e.g., choice or Likert questions with hundreds of options)? Does the page freeze immediately after accessing the design page, or only when editing a particular question in your form?

@Dingkun Xie

It only happens on specific forms sheets. These have approximately 20 questions of which 8 are likert questions. The page freezes immeditely after accessing it.

Thanks for your help.

@Timo_Schuldt 

It usually requires some diagnostics to figure out the root cause, such as a network trace, browser console logs, or a form link. Therefore, it's not appropriate to share them in the community. Instead, you can ask your IT department to open a support ticket with Microsoft, and we will handle it from there. In the meantime, you can try making a copy of your problematic form from https://forms.office.com/Pages/DesignPageV2.aspx to see if the new one has no issue.

How to make a copy of existing form on Forms portal -

DingkunXie_0-1698369551830.png