SOLVED

Create a Quiz when starting from OneDrive or Excel Online?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Is it possible to create a Quiz when starting from OneDrive for Business or Excel Online?  If so, how?

I've tried starting from both OneDrive and Excel Online and it seems like I can only create a Form, not a Quiz.

My ultimate goal is to capture the total points earned value (and user info) from a completed quiz so I can put it into a SharePoint List (using Flow).

So I'm thinking if I can:

1. Create a Quiz when starting from OneDrive or Excel Online, and

2. The form info that is automatically pushed to Excel includes the points earned

then I could use Flow to put the points info (and the user info) into a SharePoint List.

The total points info appears in the spreadsheet when I click on "Open in Excel" when on the Form's Responses tab.  Unfortunately, it does not appear that the points info is available when I use the "Get response details" step in Flow.

Thanks!

6 Replies
Highlighted
Best Response confirmed by rgentile (Occasional Contributor)
Solution

Hi @rgentile 

There's no way to create a Quiz from OD/SP at this time nor am I aware of any way to extract the score from the Excel doc as it's hosted by Microsoft rather than your own OD/SP.

You can advocate for this feature on UserVoice on this existing request I have found!

https://microsoftforms.uservoice.com/forums/386451-welcome-to-microsoft-forms-suggestion-box/suggest...

Best wishes

Damien

Highlighted

Hello @Damien Rosario 

Thanks for your time, the quick reply and information.  I've added my voice to the request for this feature.

Have a great day!

robertg

Highlighted

Happy to help and best wishes to you.

Cheers

Damien

Highlighted

Hi @Damien Rosario and  @rgentile ,

How are you?

One year later after your post, I have the same need, so I wonder if now is already available.

And more because even thoug the feature seems to be avilable in the New Menu edit  function (Encuesta para Excel):

andresposadaf_0-1597874278689.png

But when I try to create it, it doesn't appears (Just Forms for Excel):

andresposadaf_1-1597874401472.png

Thanks for your help

Best Regards!

Andrés Posada 

Highlighted

Hi @andresposadaf 

As far as I know, there's been nothing happening on this front just yet for either creating a Quiz from OneDrive nor the ability to extract the quiz results using something like Power Automate.

Best wishes with your Quizzes!

Cheers

Damien