SOLVED

Create a Quiz when starting from OneDrive or Excel Online?

Brass Contributor

Is it possible to create a Quiz when starting from OneDrive for Business or Excel Online?  If so, how?

I've tried starting from both OneDrive and Excel Online and it seems like I can only create a Form, not a Quiz.

My ultimate goal is to capture the total points earned value (and user info) from a completed quiz so I can put it into a SharePoint List (using Flow).

So I'm thinking if I can:

1. Create a Quiz when starting from OneDrive or Excel Online, and

2. The form info that is automatically pushed to Excel includes the points earned

then I could use Flow to put the points info (and the user info) into a SharePoint List.

The total points info appears in the spreadsheet when I click on "Open in Excel" when on the Form's Responses tab.  Unfortunately, it does not appear that the points info is available when I use the "Get response details" step in Flow.

Thanks!

7 Replies
best response confirmed by rgentile (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @rgentile 

There's no way to create a Quiz from OD/SP at this time nor am I aware of any way to extract the score from the Excel doc as it's hosted by Microsoft rather than your own OD/SP.

You can advocate for this feature on UserVoice on this existing request I have found!

https://microsoftforms.uservoice.com/forums/386451-welcome-to-microsoft-forms-suggestion-box/suggest...

Best wishes

Damien

Hello @Damien Rosario 

Thanks for your time, the quick reply and information.  I've added my voice to the request for this feature.

Have a great day!

robertg

Happy to help and best wishes to you.

Cheers

Damien

Hi @Damien Rosario and  @rgentile ,

How are you?

One year later after your post, I have the same need, so I wonder if now is already available.

And more because even thoug the feature seems to be avilable in the New Menu edit  function (Encuesta para Excel):

andresposadaf_0-1597874278689.png

But when I try to create it, it doesn't appears (Just Forms for Excel):

andresposadaf_1-1597874401472.png

Thanks for your help

Best Regards!

Andrés Posada 

Hi @andresposadaf 

As far as I know, there's been nothing happening on this front just yet for either creating a Quiz from OneDrive nor the ability to extract the quiz results using something like Power Automate.

Best wishes with your Quizzes!

Cheers

Damien

@andresposadaf I was hopeful when I saw your post, but that menu for Excel Survey is not related to Forms. :sad:

It seems that the Excel Survey option is for input from external users in your Sharepoint and it's only available if external sharing is activated in Sharepoint. That's why the option doesn't show up for you (or for me).

Sadly, that means that we have no solution for extracting Quiz points into Excel automatically.

Source: https://kalmstrom.com/tips/sharepoint-online-course/Excel-Survey.htm

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by rgentile (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @rgentile 

There's no way to create a Quiz from OD/SP at this time nor am I aware of any way to extract the score from the Excel doc as it's hosted by Microsoft rather than your own OD/SP.

You can advocate for this feature on UserVoice on this existing request I have found!

https://microsoftforms.uservoice.com/forums/386451-welcome-to-microsoft-forms-suggestion-box/suggest...

Best wishes

Damien

View solution in original post