Anonymous responses on Office forms: is there any way to have their email or name?

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have launched a contest for colleagues but all responses came out anonymous (i had incorrectly unselected that option). I need to find out who send each of the responses. Is there any way we can find out who is behind each of the anonymous responses I got?

Thank you in advance.

65 Replies

No worries at all, @Rob_Elliott.

Enjoy your week ahead!

Cheers

Damien

@Patrícia Mestre 

Guten1170_1-1706797938075.png

Add a text field for Name and Email. Export to Excel and you have Names lined up with responses.

@CypherThis but not if the form is set to anonymous. You have to explicitly add those questions. As has been said so many times, if a form is set to anonymous there is no way to get the details of who submitted it.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User.
Principal Consultant, SharePoint and Power Platform WSP Global (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@Damien Rosario Hi. Thanks for the confirmation & workaround to add a text field in the form. I thought about that, but then I was wondering, when adding a new text field in a form that has already been circulated, would it invalidate the form or change the link or even reset the num of responses to zero?

What are your thoughts plz

@NitishMeetoo it would do none of those things and the form would continue to work as you designed it.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User.
Principal Consultant, SharePoint and Power Platform WSP Global (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Hi @Rob_Elliott Thanks for the response. What would happen if a specific question is changed post sharing the link and response already received for that question.

Thanks,