Allow end user to edit responses

Copper Contributor

Hello, I'm looking for a way to have a form (currently seems like the cleanest option but there may be solutions that I am not familiar with) that has the user go through various questions but if not yet able to complete have the ability to return to the form and finish or edit responses.  Not sure if there is a way to do it in forms now (I'm led to believe no) or use flow in some fashion.  Any suggestions or options are welcome.  Staying away from excel as input would be done by many users from different locations and all kids of risks there.

2 Replies

@Thisguy159 there's no way in Forms to resume it later if not all the questions have been completed. It's a simple single-pass form completion. But you can vote up the idea in the Microsoft Feedback Portal.

If you build the form in Power Apps instead you can then build a flow in Power Automate to save the draft form to a list in SharePoint/Lists and send the user an email with the ID using "https://apps.powerapps.com/play/<...>&ItemID=Your dynamic Item ID". Then in Power Apps in the OnStart property you'd have an if(IsBlank(Param("ItemID")).....  so when the user clicks the link in the email it will open up that item in Power Apps. It sounds more complicated than it is.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Ooooh I 100% want to do this!
Do you know anywhere I can get a breakdown of how to build this?