Not Blocking Timeslots

Copper Contributor

I have a simple booking set-up - I offer 5 services of different time lengths via one staff.

Everything worked perfectly until this week - the booking calendar has stopped blocking off already scheduled time on the booking page. On the backend, I can see that there are bookings and which times should be unavailable, but the calendar is not reflecting that. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

39 Replies
@davisjr We have checked, saved, unchecked, saved and the issue remains.

@gaganv 

Hi, I am having the same exact issue.

Appointments in Outlook stopped blocking the boxes calendars ater Christmas.

Are there any news on this?

This issue should be resolved now please check.
I just checked, and I'm sad to say that the issue persists.
Same here!
The issue was resolved by Microsoft on 5 Jan 2023. No root cause provided by Microsoft Support Team as it is not within their scope of work to provide root cause.
Hi careadm
It might be that we are talking about different issues then.
Can you share a link to where I can read about what Microsoft resolved on Jan 5?

It is the following issue I raised here on 29 Dec 2022 which I subsequently raised a Support ticket since it is a system bug. Suggest you raise a ticket to Microsoft if you suspect yours is a system bug and a different issue.

We are also experiencing the same issue this month. We had setup a service assigned to one staff only with a day duration and max 1 attendee. It had worked well since April 2022 and we are starting to receive double bookings this month. The published page is now accepting bookings on all days regardless whether the staff is already booked for the day. Any suggestions on a workaround and looking forward to a quick fix from Microsoft . Thanks.

Ok, then it is the same issue, and it still persists for me.
Not resolved.
HI all, can you also confirm if the busy slots which are available are busy from non-bookings related meeting in your personal calendar? Are slots which are booked in your bookings calendar also showing up as available?
A slot that is booked in the Bookings calendar is unavailable for further bookings.
Slots booked outside of Bookings are available for bookings.
Currently, everything seems to be back on track. Bookings appts are showing in Outlook and times marked busy in outlook are not showing up as an available appt time. It seems to be reading what I've set for the calendar. I hope I didn't just jinx it ;)
Can everyone else also confirm their issue is coming or not?

@Tanuj2235 I just checked, and the problem persists.
Please note: Timeslots that are booked through the Bookings service do show up in staff's Outlook and they do become unavailable for any new bookings. This has worked fine throughout this thread, and it has not been described as an issue in this thread.
However—timeslots booked directly in staff's outlook or through accepted invitations in staff's outlook do not block Bookings from allowing new bookings in the same slot. Bookings allow bookings conflicting with staff's Outlook calendar, and they do show up in staff's Outlook calendar adjacent an already existing conflicting Outlook event.

PerElvis72_0-1673862794063.png

Just to clarify that the MS Bookings issue I reported at the beginning of this thread refers to staff calendar where ALL bookings are made via MS Bookings published page only. We do not send meeting invites nor schedule directly in Outlook. The issue was resolved on 5 January 2023 after I raised a ticket to Microsoft Support. Thanks.
If this is true also for thread starter @gaganv, then I apologize for hijacking the thread.
My problem is solved.
Staff's Outlook calendar settings didn't allow for Bookings to read calendar availability. By enabling:
Calendar Properties > Permissions > My Organization > Can view when I'm busy
Bookings now takes staff availability into account when offering slots for new bookings.

I've tried changing the permissions, as suggested by @PerElvis72 but that hasn't worked. The time still shows as available. Is there a way to shut down individual days through bookings without having to change the overall settings of availability?  I will be at a conference, which is on my calendar for 4 days (I even tried to add the days individually). Can I block off just those individual dates somewhere in Bookings?

@gaganv I just discovered that all-day calendar events in the Outlook App for Android are erroneously created in the GMT time zone (I'm in CST, and my user/app settings reflect this). As a result, customers are able to book appointments on days that should be blocked, because rather than midnight to midnight on Monday, for example, Bookings sees the all-day event as 6pm Sunday to 6pm Monday (accounting for the difference between GMT and CST), thus allowing customers to book starting at 6pm. This only seems to happen with calendar events created in the Android app; events created using the web app are seen correctly by Bookings. See the screenshot here, in which an "all day busy" event for Feb 11 is instead recognized as 6pm Feb 10th to 6pm Feb 11th.

roysmalley_0-1675975634580.png

Here, an "all day busy" event created in the web app is recognized correctly by Bookings.

roysmalley_2-1675975764797.png

For some crazy reason, this worked for me! Is there a timeline to fix this? Thank you