Bookings limits and restrictions

Steel Contributor

Is there a web page that clearly outlines limitations and restrictions in Bookings? Things like "number of booking calendars a user can create", "number of staff per calendar", etc.?

We have a user who's created 3 calendars but is unable to create additional ones in our tenant. They have an "A5 for faculty" license.

3 Replies

Hi @Chad_V_Kealey.,

I am an independent advisor responding to your question.

Here are some resources that may be useful to you.

Microsoft Documentation

Microsoft Bookings (windows.net) (PDF - Microsoft entire Booking documentation including FAQs)

:star:Microsoft Bookings Frequently Asked Questions | Microsoft Docs

You can also review the feedback portal.  You will find users' "functionality wish list" where you can vote or create your own.  

If you find this information helpful, please mark it as useful which will assist others with the same questions. 

Have a good day.  

/Teresa

@Teresa_Cyrus thank you...that PDF is definitely more comprehensive than what's on the page. I'm sure all of the info is available across different MS pages. However, nowhere in either document is there a specified limit to the number of calendars a user may create. Since Exchange doesn't generally allow self-serve calendar creation, there's no stated limit in the Exchange documentation, either. I'm certain that a limit exists (there is ALWAYS a limit), but it's just not shown anywhere. 

In another (developer-licensed) tenant, I was able to create 12 calendars using a 'regular' user account. Honestly, I can't see a valid reason for a normal user to create that many (or more), but we have two people in our production tenant who are getting an error message (a generic "error has occurred...try again later" message) when trying to create a 4th calendar (they already have 3, this appears when trying to create another).

@Chad_V_Kealey 

I found this blog post that covers limitations.

If you find this information useful, please like this post which will assist others with the same question.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-bookings-blog/scaling-bookings-for-large-demand/ba-....