Meeting Room

Iron Contributor

Hi 

I have Room Mailbox(Meeting Room). Two users have been delegated to that meeting room say  userX and userY. When an user(userZ) books Meeting Room, UserX can see on his calendar that room is booked, where as userY is not able to see in his calender.

[[The issue is UserX has approved for UserZ's meeting room request. When UserX open shared calender of MeetingRoom, he cannot see UserZ schedule in calender view, Here Double booking is happening. it is sometimes happening with UserX , sometimes with UserY so double booking is happening. Experts plz advice ]]

5 Replies

There's only one calendar for the room, I can't see how it's showing different information to each of the delegates? Your delegates should be just getting the meeting requests and then accepting and declining them on behalf of the room.

What do you see if you look at the rooms calendar through Outlook on the Web?

OWA is disabled in our company

both delegated users--They check in Schedule View and Calender view .ie  beside Schedule view- you can see Calender tab -Room List-Select RoomMailbox. and this calender is visible in Shared Calender tab

Todays issue:

UserP sent a request for MeetingRoom  for tomorrow 9-10PM and UserX(delegated user for meeting room) have to decline the request as he can see upon opening  the mail that UserQ has already booked the room from 9-10PM.

Upon checking the Schedule View of UserX calendar, Meeting Room is vacant and UserQ's booking cannot be found in the list.

plz help me experts

@Roger Roger wrote:

Upon checking the Schedule View of UserX calendar, Meeting Room is vacant and UserQ's booking cannot be found in the list.

plz help me experts

Why would you be looking in the Schedule View of UserX calendar? It would be in the rooms calendar. Did user Q cancel the meeting so releasing the room?

We have major problems with Outlook calendar at the moment and it seems that the problems you're experiencing may be something similar. 

A secretary made an appointment in the calendar of a consultant. The consultant did not see this appointment when he opened his calendar. Other co-workers with acces to his calendar also did not see the appointment. Only the secretary that made the appointment sees it when she opens the consultants calendar on her laptop.

We are told that this problem with the synchronisation of Outlook calenders is caused by the fact that this secretary has a large number of mailboxes en calenders in her Outlook client and because of that a large number of folders (1000+). Microsoft apparently guarentees a proper performance of Outlook with a maximum of 500 folders.

At the moment we have several people experiencing this problem. 

If this has no relevance to your case, please ignore this reply.