How to search emails in shared mailboxes in Outlook 365

Copper Contributor

When I search keyword, Outlook only shows the result from my default mailbox (personal mailbox). I have linked 2 more common mailboxes that I share with my team. None of us is able to find emails in the se common mailboxes. When we search for the unique keywords, Outlook only shows result from default Mailbox.

2 Replies

Hi @nip_iv,

to search directly the shared mailbox you can locate (click) to a shared mailbox folder (for example Inbox folder of the shared mailbox) in your outlook. 

LeonPavesic_0-1697704444853.png

Then, click on the search bar and on the left the new menu should appear. You can choose "All mailboxes", "Current folder" or "All Outlook elements". Then enter your keywords and press Enter.

LeonPavesic_1-1697704596260.png

Open and use a shared mailbox in Outlook - Microsoft Support

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

Hi, Leon.

It is working when I choose "Current Folder" but not working when I choose "All Mailboxes" and "All Outlook Items". When I choose later two options then it only shows email result from my default Mailbox. Why I need later two options - because I want to see if there is any email related to the keyword in any of the three mailboxes. Thank you.

Vipin