Azure Open AI in the marketplace

Brass Contributor

Originally I combined this discussion into the Copilot discussion I started, but decided it should have its own thread since the tech stack and approach may be different. 

So here goes...

We've developed several components using Azure Open AI in the backend and different frond ends like chat bots in Teams and PowerApps. The components can be manually configured to work with OpenAI-enabled Azure tenants, and so, when we deploy for customers, we either use our own Azure, or configure it for the customers Azure (again, its a manual process). 

Are there plans to allow components in the marketplace that can utilize the customer's tenant for this? 

I realize we can offer the front ends in the marketplace (e.g. chat bots, etc), but there are a few issues with that (that I know):

- I don't think they can be transactable. 

- The customer may want to use their own tenant for sensitive data, so I'm not sure how to enable this configuration through the marketplace? 

- This may be cannibalizing Copilot sales, so would Microsoft be ever be interested in supporting transactability for this? 

We have an abundance of cool ideas, pretty decent tech execution abilities, but very limited funding, so we're trying to figure out if its worth pursuing this...

The answer may be 'no, just no' :) but I thought it was worth having a discussion.

2 Replies

Hello Arik,

Answering to your questions:
- I have no experience with components, however, I guess it depends on how you package them. I think this decision making tree can help you to find the right offer for your component: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/partner-center/marketplace/marketplace-commercial-transaction-capa...

- You can do that with a Private Offer: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/partner-center/marketplace/isv-customer

- Not sure about cannibalizing. Are you addressing exactly the same market? Is the added value of your offer like Copilot Sales's added value? Pricing same? If you answered yes, yes, yes the problem won't be Microsoft. It will be your prospects and clients saying: why you and not Microsoft?

Hope it helps!

Thanks Selene! We may have the workaround of offering it as a service and potentially transacting through the Marketplace or direct.