Xlookup with Hyperlink

Copper Contributor

I have a database of products and in one of the columns we have hyperlinks to the suppliers PDFs.

When making a priceless I want to get this link to the priceless. We use Xlookup for all other data, but using Xlookup does not return the link, only the text.

For norwegian users:

Jeg bruker denne formelen for andre data. hvordan kan jeg få med hyperlink:

=XOPPSLAG(B7;KUartnr;KUbandinfo;0;0;1)

10 Replies

@PLSVE Wrap your XLOOKUP formula in a HYPERLINK function. Something like this:

=HYPERLINK( < your formula > )

@Riny_van_Eekelen

When i wrap the formula with =hyperlink(... it hyperlinks to my one drive account instead of the link I assigned it to

ANY LUCK? I HAD THE SAME ISSUE AND EVEN WENT AS FAR AS UNLINKING MY PC FROM ONEDRIVE. NOW I JUST HET A "CANNOT OPEN THE SPECIFIED FILE." ERROR MESSAGE. @Westy-world 

@TEXASFOREVER1936 

Clear this:

Patrick2788_0-1660070112725.png

Rebuild link and test again. The hyperlinks might've been breaking on save.

Thank for your response, I have done that as well. No luck there.

THANK YOU FOR THE RESPONSE, SO I USED "=HYPERLINK( "#" & XLOOKUP(C6,A6:A7,B6:B7))", IT RETURNED THE CORRECT CELL BUT ERROR MESSAGE "REFERENCE ISNT VALID".

@TEXASFOREVER1936 

I gave the sample in other your thread. 

Still no luck. I have been stumped on this issue for three days. @Sergei Baklan 

@TEXASFOREVER1936maybe this is a bit late but I found a solution while I had a similar problem using a custom function to create a new column with the urls, then pointed the xlookup toward that column.

this page solved it for me: https://excel.tips.net/T003281_Extracting_URLs_from_Hyperlinks.html

Function GetURL(rng As Range) As String
    On Error Resume Next
    GetURL = rng.Hyperlinks(1).Address
End Function

if the hyperlink is in cell A1 and you want the full url in cell B1, then in B1 you would enter =getURL(A1)

see here if you need help with VBA custom functions to set it up

worked great for me.