Excel LAMBDA function no longer returning hyperlinks

Copper Contributor

I set up a LAMBDA function a couple of months ago that returned a hyperlink.  Worked fine until last week(ish).  Now the hyperlinks do not work in Name Manager, but do when I am testing in the spreadsheet.  Has something changed?  Has anyone else had this issue?  (I tried inserting the formula but keeps changing Excel formula back to Apple Script and won't let me post .....) So here it is :

=

LAMBDA(Month,Region,Branch,GLCode,

LET(

TYBrURLLookup,XLOOKUP(Month,TYBrURLMonthRnge,XLOOKUP(Branch&GLCode,TYBrandCodeRnge,TYBrURLDataRnge,0)),

TYBrLookup,XLOOKUP(Month,TYBrMonthRnge,XLOOKUP(Branch&GLCode,TYBrandCodeRnge,TYBrDataRnge,0)),

TYRegrURLLookup,XLOOKUP(Month,TYRegURLMonthRnge,XLOOKUP(Region&GLCode,TYRegandCodeRnge,TYRegURLDataRnge,0)),

TYRegLookup,XLOOKUP(Month,TYRegMonthRnge,XLOOKUP(Region&GLCode,TYRegandCodeRnge,TYRegDataRnge,0)),

IFERROR(

IFS(

OR(Branch=0,Branch=""),IFERROR(HYPERLINK(TYRegrURLLookup,TYRegLookup),TYRegLookup),

TRUE,IFERROR(HYPERLINK(TYBrURLLookup,TYBrLookup),TYBrLookup)),0)))(G$4,$C$2,$C$3,$B41)

3 Replies

@SallyC325 

I've just searched for this issue and found your post, As well I've a complex function need to be short and I thought about Lambda function.

If you get any update, Please inform me , and I'll as well.

Hi @SallyC325
I have the same issue with a simple lambda using Hyperlink, the returned value is not a Hyperlink

@Jon-C 

IMHO, it shall not. Lambda returns the value into the cell, it doesn't add the link to the cell and doesn't format it in hyperlink style.