SOLVED

Tables not working as expected

Copper Contributor

I have a table not acting right.

My worksheet is formatted to (Align Left, Increase Indent x 1)

When I enter new date in the next row the table, for some reason, the table is adding an indent to all columns (for a total of 2). 

I have a total of 3 tables on one tab that work fine.  tabs and only one is not working correctly.   I reached out to technical support and they have no idea how to help

Thank you in advance for your time.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpgea why its happening and how to fix.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution
Select the entire column of the table that exhibits the "wrong" behavior. Then pull up the format cells dialog and set it as you want it to be. Now try inserting a new row in the table.
This worked! Thank you very much. I have no idea why formatting a cell from the ribbon has a different result.

@DRCRAWL Behind the scenes, Excel stores information about the table, which includes a "default" format and formula for each individual column. You change these defaults by changing the entire column (except the header) at once.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution
Select the entire column of the table that exhibits the "wrong" behavior. Then pull up the format cells dialog and set it as you want it to be. Now try inserting a new row in the table.

View solution in original post