Macro to import data from picture

Copper Contributor

Hi,  I have been asked to create a macro to insert data from a picture.  Right now, I copy the picture from an email, go to excel, go to data tab, and insert picture from clipboard.  Is it possible to create a macro to import the data from the picture once I have copied the picture to the clipboard?  I tried to record a macro but it didn't work.  Thank you!

btroland

3 Replies

@btroland 

As of this writing you've had 56 views and zero answers. I strongly suspect it is because it's not really clear what you're trying to do.

What do you mean by "import data from the picture"? What kind of picture is it? A picture of words, numbers, combination? Is it a picture attached to an email, or are you taking a picture OF the email?

Those are starters for questions that, if answered, might get us closer to knowing what you're working with. If you could post a copy of the spreadsheet on OneDrive or GoogleDrive, with a link pasted here granting edit access, that would help even further. At a bare minimum, post a copy of the "picture" here in your next reply.

According to MicroSoft Support this is supposed to be possible. See the link below for directions. I have tried, but, the Data > From Picture button does not seem to exist even though I'm on Windows11.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/insert-data-from-picture-3c1bb58d-2c59-4bc0-b04a-a671a686....
Just found another thread... It sounds like it is only available on MAC, IOS and Android.