Links in Excel

Copper Contributor

When I set up a link to a block of cells on another sheet in a workbook I cannot see the result if the cells are more the 50 lines down the sheet.  It goes to the correct sheet but I have to scroll down the see the result.  Is it possible to see the result automatically without scrolling?

1 Reply

@PeterJK 

In Excel, when you create a link to cells on another sheet and click on the link, Excel takes you to the specified location on the sheet. If the cells you are linking to are located more than 50 lines down, Excel will navigate to that location, but it might not automatically center the view around the linked cells.

However, you can make use of the "Go To" feature to quickly navigate to the linked cells without scrolling. Here's how:

1. Select the cell with the link in the source sheet.
  2. Press Ctrl + K or right-click and choose "Link" to open the "Insert Hyperlink" dialog.
  3. In the dialog, you should see the reference to the linked cells. Take note of the cell reference.

Now, whenever you want to go to the linked cells, follow these steps:

1. Press Ctrl + G to open the "Go To" dialog.
  2. Enter the cell reference you noted earlier (e.g., A50) into the "Reference" field.
  3. Click "OK."

This will take you directly to the linked cells without having to manually scroll down. Additionally, if the linked cells are within view, you won't need to scroll.

Remember that this method assumes you know the cell reference of the linked cells. If you want a more user-friendly experience, consider using named ranges for the cells you want to link to. Named ranges make it easier to create and manage links, and you can use the same "Go To" method to navigate to them. The text and steps were edited with the help of AI.

My answers are voluntary and without guarantee!

Hope this will help you.

Was the answer useful? Mark as best response and Like it!

This will help all forum participants.