Line Graph Help

Copper Contributor

Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 7.03.17 AM.jpeg

Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 7.03.36 AM.jpeg

I am new to Excel and having trouble making a line graph with this dataset. I have the correct data on each axis but it’s not showing up. Am I doing something wrong? 

4 Replies

@JBravo1217 

The values in your Ridership column are left-aligned, suggesting that Excel sees them as text values.

Make sure that the cells are not formatted as Text. General or Number are both fine.

Try one of the following:

• Select the cells, and replace comma with nothing using the Replace dialog (Ctrl+H), or
  • Select the cells, click Text to Columns on the Data tab of the ribbon, then click Finish.
Hello thank for your response. I tried that and changed the Ridership column to Number. I also removed the commas but still no line graph is showing up.

@JBravo1217 

If you just apply Number format to Ridership it didn't change the values from texts to numbers. You need to re-enter values. Simplest way is to copy any empty cell, select Ridership, Paste->Paste Special->Add.

@JBravo1217 

If @Sergei Baklan's suggestion doesn't help:

Could you attach a small sample workbook demonstrating the problem (without sensitive data), or if that is not possible, make it available through OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox or similar?