Help on using Excel to show feedback for an individual

Copper Contributor

Hello! I don't know if this is possible in excel and I am fairly new to using Excel. If anyone has any advice on how to accomplish this

What I want is to create a table that changes based on a dropdown menu. The dropdown would include names of employees in training, and I want my table to show assignments and results/feedback on how they did on those assignments. The dropdown can be changed to a specific reps name, and then I want the "feedback" column to update with feedback for that specific employee that I have on a different sheet containing all the feedback/data. It seemed like I would need to use the IF and VLookup function but I can't seem to make that work since the IF function can only show two results and I have 6 people in my class. 

Thank You! 

2 Replies

@Serenity21 

You can nest IF functions, or even better, the IFS function supports multiple conditions and results. See IFS function 

@Serenity21 

I'm not sure from your description, but it seems that you may need to use the FILTER function.  See the attached workbook for examples.