Function? Macro? VBA? Excel to Access?

Copper Contributor

I am looking to create an Excel workbook to track incoming property submissions. I was hoping to have a main sheet that each submission gets entered into with check boxes or options to choose one of three different statuses of each submission, and then have the entered row auto populate one one of three separate sheets depending on which option in chosen. 

I am not sure if this is even possible and if so, how. Any assistance or guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

2 Replies
I would advise NOT to divide your data across multiple sheets, but rather keep it on a single sheet. This makes it easy to create a report using a pivot table. Have you already created something to start with?

@Jan Karel Pieterse I have a sheet that we have been working off of that we manually enter each row, and have to insert new rows to fit in new information to each category. It is all very clunky and I was hoping to create something that is cleaner and easier to use by people who don't understand Excel. 

My main reason for wanting the information split between different sheets is because, deepening on the status, we don't really need or want to have to sift through a long list full of information that isn't in need of our attention, but we don't want to lose the information so we have it for future reference. 

I have not done much with PivotTables, but I can certainly look into going that route if that seems like the best solution. 

Thanks