Formula

Copper Contributor

I am trying to do multiple formula and I want to make sure that I have the correct information in the formula.  in column p i need to have it by state from a-z but also need to have it use column o from largest to smallest.  how do i properly go about doing this.  I believe that it needs to be a countifs formula

4 Replies

@Turtle34 

Perhaps, your COUNTIFS formula in P5 should be like this: 

=COUNTIFS(C$5:C$28,"<="&C5,
O$5:O$28,">="&O5)

For your reference, I hereto attached your file with the foregoing formula, copied down Column P. 

@Turtle34 Your current formula attempts to count the number occurrences of the numbers in "Net Score" in an array of "St/Pr" containing only texts "AK" or "YT". Obviously, that does return -zero- all the way and this is NOT what you want to do.

Your "St/Pr" columns has 22 occurrences for AK and 2 for YT. Your "Net Score" "column O" is sorted (high-to-low). The first nine entries are all from AK. So, these are ranked 1 to 9 for AK. Similarly, the 10th entry would rank as 1 for YT, the 11th would be the 10th for AK and so on. Is this what you want to do in a formula? If so, the enter the one below in P5 and copy it down.

=COUNTIF($C$4:C4,C5)+1

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

so since i have the actual rank done and the net score is in order it is looking at the states and sorting from there?

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

now my next question is if there are 2 net scores that are the same score they should be the same rank how do i go about doing that?