SOLVED

Dates Formatting

Copper Contributor

Dear

I have the delivery dates and would like to convert them to departure dates.
This means that we calculate 7 days transport for export.
Now the question is:
Is it possible to filter the delivery dates by customer number so that it automatically calculates -7 days?
(The table is created with Power Query)

Thank you very much.

Cuorepazzu_0-1695122390512.png

9 Replies

@Cuorepazzu Perhaps something like in the attached file?

Hi Riny

Yes, exactly. Thank you!
Is there also the option that only the customer number e.g. 12849 and 10096 with -7 days are displayed?

Thanks for your help!

@Cuorepazzu Of course, you can filter the others out, but you probably want to do it in a dynamic way. Can you upload (or share a file via Onedrive or similar) with a more realistic example and more than just 3 rows?

Please see the link:

The sheet ,,Terminaufträge'' is an input from the connection to our system

Thank you in advance!

@Cuorepazzu Well, that file hung-up Excel on my Mac. Thank you!

@Riny_van_Eekelen

sorry to hear that! i created it on windows and tried it on my mac today as well. it's not because of the sharelink

@Cuorepazzu @Riny_van_Eekelen 

Here is macro-free file with Power Query taken data from the same file in another sheet.

Why don't make calculations in Power Query?

best response confirmed by Cuorepazzu (Copper Contributor)
Solution

In Power Query, you can filter delivery dates by customer number and automatically calculate departure dates by subtracting 7 days. Begin by loading your delivery date data into Power Query. Then, create a custom column that filters based on the customer number and subtracts 7 days from the delivery date. To do this,

use the "Add Custom Column" option in Power Query, and write a formula like: = Table.AddColumn(#"PreviousStep", "Departure Date", each if [Customer Number] = YourCustomerNumber then Date.AddDays([Delivery Date], -7) else [Delivery Date]). Replace YourCustomerNumber with the specific customer number for which you want to calculate departure dates.

Made my day! Thanks!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Cuorepazzu (Copper Contributor)
Solution

In Power Query, you can filter delivery dates by customer number and automatically calculate departure dates by subtracting 7 days. Begin by loading your delivery date data into Power Query. Then, create a custom column that filters based on the customer number and subtracts 7 days from the delivery date. To do this,

use the "Add Custom Column" option in Power Query, and write a formula like: = Table.AddColumn(#"PreviousStep", "Departure Date", each if [Customer Number] = YourCustomerNumber then Date.AddDays([Delivery Date], -7) else [Delivery Date]). Replace YourCustomerNumber with the specific customer number for which you want to calculate departure dates.

View solution in original post