Count if

Copper Contributor

I have attached a sample document (names changed) 

Row 3-5 is Abbies activity- I want to have a formula which will work for 100's of names (I have just pulled 3- to show you what it looks like) 

I want to know in column P the total of Abbie's activity which is in column L. Or a separate table with Abbie and a list of names- how many 

Then the same for Antony which includes a larger amount of rows... 6-12. 

Ideally I would like this set up so what ever the data pull- the formula will acknowledge the name and then how many mins they have exercised for. 

Look forward to your response 🙂

3 Replies

@Dee1234910 

If you remove the merged cells an alternative could be Power Query. In the attached file you can add data to the blue dynamic table. Then you can click in any cell of the green table and right-click with the mouse and select refresh to update the green result table.

The data layout in the screenshot and in the attached file is for illustration. You can place the green result table to the right of the blue table or in another worksheet.

duration minutes.JPG

@OliverScheurich this seems the best way to solve my problem. How do you create the green table that you have done above?

@Dee1234910 

In the Power Query Editor you can follow the steps that created the result. The steps are indicated in yellow on the right in the screenshot. "Angewandte Schritte" means applied steps. In addition you can click on a gear icon (indicated in blue) and view the applied transformation. In the attached file i've translated the description of the steps.

power query editor.JPG