autopopulate help & quick importing orders to a supply order / vehicle SS for company.

Brass Contributor

I need to keep track of all PPE equiptment supplies orders, office supplies orders, parts & maintenance for company vehicles (we have 8+) and track those by vehicle. 

We use dropbox for our business which we have folders customers, vendors, supplies, & Permits ( Examples: DOT, EPA, DMV etc ) 

my boss wants me to have spreadshets for everything such as vehicle maintenance spreadsheet for each vehicle and track costs, dates done, parts purchased etc (we also need maintenance records for DOT)

then other spreadsheets for supplies and equipment orders, & for training & compliance (OSHA, Med exams, CDL licenses) (these we would like to have highlight and notify us when due or change highlight color when becoming due)

that include part #, (vehicle # if for vehicle, or camera equip) nozzles, Jetter equipment, office supplies etc.

we want to make reordering easy so it would be nice to keep receipts attached to entries on sheets for one click to find product/receipt etc.) or printable reports for audits / end of year summaries/ or by job / vehicle for certain workbooks or sheets. 

what is the simplest way to do these various work books/tasks ?

Do i add links from receipts scanned to drop box into certain cells on each sheet?

power query from online order receipts or websites?

types of tables or modules?

I have basic excel knowledge but I know there are easier ways then manually typing all the info in and setting up automations (eventually)

I also need to find out how to auto populate from one workbook saved in one drive from a *Microsoft form response excel spread sheet to another workbook saved on Dropbox that when new responses are receive don the form it already auto sends it to the workbook on  on OneDrive(through Microsoft form) but I need it then auto populate new responses to the workbook and correct sheet in workbook saved on the "master" excel workbook saved on Dropbox.

any help on these would be EXTREMLY helpful. i attached copies of the origonal files saved on desktop that can be edited

1 Reply

also need to find out how to auto populate from one workbook saved in one drive from a *Microsoft form response excel spread sheet to another workbook saved on Dropbox

As far as I know Ms Form is an online form for survey or remote information collection and the backend is not Dropbox.
They are different service or suppliers.

Sorry.
I am confused if you want all things done by yourself or you need collect informations from others which you want to streamline.
What aspects do you want to automate in detail?