all worksheets in a workbook should open at the same location

Copper Contributor

Hello everybody! This is an issue that's bugged me for years. My team works with multiple workbooks, each containing numerous pages/worksheets. How can I make each page open at the same location (cell B2, for example) regardless of where it last closed? Some of these worksheets are quite large and it's aggravating to have to scroll back to the start each time I open a worksheet. Same goes for the size of the worksheet. Thanks!!!

4 Replies
regardless of where it last closed?
if you did not save when it last closed,in another words try open it readonly.
The sheet will not change,I think.

@peiyezhu 

Thanks for your response. Let me clarify:  I have a workbook with 7 worksheets. All are similarly formatted. #1 is the Master, containing all data - each line pertains to a different project. #2 - #6 draw specific data from the master depending upon the focus of the sheet. I shift between worksheets throughout the day and when finished, close/save the entire workbook.

For example, when I'm working in the Master, let's say on line #10. When I open other worksheets, I would like them to open at line #10. It's frustrating to open a sheet and have it open to line #57 (for example). 

This could be done with a sheet level macro that runs on sheet activation (When you go to the sheet). I'm not crazy about this solution because it would require your workbook be an XLSM and then you must get everyone up to speed on enabling macros and such. Another approach would be to use a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl Home) to navigate quickly to the top of the sheet.

Thank you! Just the mention of macros would send my colleagues screaming into the street so until some other magical solution comes up Ctrl Home will have to do! Thanks again :)