Installing Report Viewer 2012 Runtime

Iron Contributor

Hello, 

I have WSUS installed on Windows Server Standard 2019 (x64), so I'm trying to get access to some reports but the system is asking me for the Report Viewer 2012.

When I launch the installer I got this message:

ADumith_0-1660835032728.png

Any clue where can I get it, because from MS I can't get it.

Thank you guys,

9 Replies

Just checking if there's any progress or updates? Please don't forget to mark helpful replies.

Hello@Dave Patrick 

Thank you for your reply.

I was able to install the piece, then I try to install the ReportViewer but unfortunately it is still not working.

I got this dialog window

ADumith_0-1661261834428.png

Any idea?

Thank you.

I was able to install the piece, then I try to install the ReportViewer but unfortunately it is still not working.

Just a guess but may be the x86 was installed where the x64 was needed? or vice versa

Hello @Dave Patrick 

Look at this.

For some reason is installed CRL Types 2019 instead of 2012

ADumith_0-1661367141705.png

I was able to uninstall the 2019 one, then I installed the 2012, but when I check in control panel there is no showing up.

Any idea...?

That's pretty strange, no where is there listed any 2019 tools. I don't really have anything setup to test with but I can tell you this did work without issue previously for me.

@ADumith 

same problem I am facing while trying to see the progress report through WSUS. How could you install the Microsoft Report Viewer 2012? 

I am also facing this issue now, and I cannot view my WSUS Reports, is there any other solution to this@jobspeeicherung 

@ADumith 
You can use the link below 
Download MICROSOFT REPORT VIEWER 2012 RUNTIME from Official Microsoft Download Center
 And in the section "related resources", you'll see the link for SQL CLR.

L_Youtell_974_1-1714301505671.png

i hope, it helps.