Installing Report Viewer 2012 Runtime

Iron Contributor

Hello, 

I have WSUS installed on Windows Server Standard 2019 (x64), so I'm trying to get access to some reports but the system is asking me for the Report Viewer 2012.

When I launch the installer I got this message:

ADumith_0-1660835032728.png

Any clue where can I get it, because from MS I can't get it.

Thank you guys,

7 Replies

Just checking if there's any progress or updates? Please don't forget to mark helpful replies.

Hello@Dave Patrick 

Thank you for your reply.

I was able to install the piece, then I try to install the ReportViewer but unfortunately it is still not working.

I got this dialog window

ADumith_0-1661261834428.png

Any idea?

Thank you.

I was able to install the piece, then I try to install the ReportViewer but unfortunately it is still not working.

Just a guess but may be the x86 was installed where the x64 was needed? or vice versa

Hello @Dave Patrick 

Look at this.

For some reason is installed CRL Types 2019 instead of 2012

ADumith_0-1661367141705.png

I was able to uninstall the 2019 one, then I installed the 2012, but when I check in control panel there is no showing up.

Any idea...?

That's pretty strange, no where is there listed any 2019 tools. I don't really have anything setup to test with but I can tell you this did work without issue previously for me.

@ADumith 

same problem I am facing while trying to see the progress report through WSUS. How could you install the Microsoft Report Viewer 2012?