Windows Sandbox

Copper Contributor

Hello,
I had a Question:
Can i select some stantard Programms in the Sandbox ?
Like some E-Mail Programm or Google Chrome / Firefox and other ??
Or can i do this with other Programms ^^
Thanks for request :)
(Sry for my bad english)  Had a nice day !

2 Replies

@DarsCool 

Windows Sandbox is half app, half virtual machine. It lets you quickly spin up a virtual clean OS imaged from your system’s current state so that you can test programs or files in a secure environment that’s isolated from your main system. When you close the sandbox, it destroys that state. Nothing can get from the sandbox to your main installation of Windows, and nothing remains after closing it.

Answer to your question : Yes you can select and test applications as its almost like a half windows virtual machine.

Regards,

Akshay

I don't understand what you mean by "selecting" those programs. if you mean to install them then the answer is Yes, you can install whatever apps and programs you want on the Sandbox, it's literally like a copy of a clean Windows 10 install. you can test and run all of the programs you mentioned in your post in Windows Sandbox but remember they will be All gone once you close the Sandbox window.

I also should mention that copy pasting texts, files etc Do work between your Sandbox and the Host OS. other than that Sandbox can Not access files in your Host OS.