SOLVED

Unable to stop Windows 11 update

Copper Contributor

Hey, I signed up for the Windows Insider Program and got the Windows 11 Preview 10.0.22000.100 (co_release). There were some glitches in the taskbar and I could not have this occurring as I needed my laptop for work. I decided to go back to Windows 10 and leave the Windows Insider Program. However, when I switched back to Windows 10, it keeps giving me the Windows 11 Preview 10.0.22000.100 (co_release) and updating for itself. How do I stop the update as I would like to remain with Windows 10?

59 Replies

@A1 I have described why so I don't understand why you ask that.

The question is, is it worth the extra risk to to disable TPM in order to stop interrupt win10 from trying to install win11 until MS gets their shit together and patch this bug out. Well if you have opted in to the insider program that means your already taking a lot of increased risk since you are using a OS in beta  and you must be an absolute idiot if you have done that on a system that needs the absolute highest security and privacy mode. So in other words if you can take the extra risk on your system by running win11 then you definitely can take the extra risk of having TPM disabled in win10.

Also can you give me any example of a windows application using TPM besides of MS365? There probably are some but I haven't heard of them.

In short disabling TPM is really a small decrease of security and one you can take on any system that you already thought it was ok to run a beta stage OS on.

@JavveI have found a way to stop the download. I disable the Preview Builds Policy by using Local Group Policy Editor. And now My Update is clean. It doesn't download Windows 11 everytime i check for new Update.
Thanks .

@Javve 

Yes, but this is a public forum and you can not recommend steps that are your personal suggestion and do not really guarantee a solution!

Dude stop making up rules, your not a admin here. I had a work around solution to the problem no body else could solve. That solution did not work for Long so I suggested another solution which is EXACTLY what you do on public forums, you share ideas on how to solve problems.

@A1 I have and there is nothing there stating you cant help other find solutions to their problems. Kind of feels like you should read it.

Suggesting - disabling security is a questionable help!

@A1 First of now your just lying. This line  "Suggesting - disabling security is a questionable help!" or any derivative/alternative of it does not exist in the CoC.

Secondly I clearly stated why I consider disabling TMP on windows 10 is fine on any system that was deemed to be ok using a unfinished OS. 

This is borderline stalking/harassing, if you feel I am giving dangerous or malicious advice then I suggest you contact a admin. 

@Javve 

"

The question is, is it worth the extra risk to to disable TPM in order to stop interrupt win10 from trying to install win11 until MS gets their shit together and patch this bug out. Well if you have opted in to the insider program that means your already taking a lot of increased risk since you are using a OS in beta and you must be an absolute idiot if you have done that on a system that needs the absolute highest security and privacy mode. So in other words if you can take the extra risk on your system by running win11 then you definitely can take the extra risk of having TPM disabled in win10."

It's just not worth it!

best response confirmed by Arvinkamal (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@A1 @Arvinkamal @Javve @ogiyak 

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/63585-enable-disable-insider-build-settings-windows-10-a.html

just go through this site and you will find the solution for this windows 11 update sh*t.

I just downloaded some registry files and installed it.

Boom!!!!! my update issue solved.

@Sachinv2223 

Hello.
Thank you it is worth helping!
Everyone should communicate their solution that actually works.
Good luck!

This worked thank you so much @Sachinv2223

@A1@Arvinkamal@Javve@ogiyak

1)Will "disable preview builds once next release is public" will keep my pc unupdated TILL a nice stable build arrives and " Disable preview builds" will keep my pc unpadated EVEN when a nice stable build out for update??Right??

AND 

2)i have installed win10 from installation media (https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10) and it has installed 21H1 19043.1165 (Screenshot 2)

first of all...is this one public and stable??

Now i wanna know whats better out of below 2-

then i have to turn on insider preview and then do above process to get ONLY nice stable win10 version/build

OR

i should NOT enter insider preview and win 10 itself provides Optional quality update available (below window update area)(see screenshot 1) which provides Stable Builds?? cause i dont know if the version it told is stable or not

Thnks for reading this whole

Pls ans fast if possible

@hirdyansh487 

Hello I think you have done everything great! You have the latest stable version of Windows10 , you can download the optional update because it is needed and it will not affect the future download of Windows11- stable version.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-insider/troubleshooting#not-receiving-updates

Zrzut ekranu 2021-09-06 211115.png

@hirdyansh487 

Of course you don't have to download the optional updates , once installed your compilation Windows  :Zrzut ekranu 2021-09-06 214624.png 

@A1
Thnks
my system was acting laggy so i reseted the pc this time....after reseting the optional update feature was not avalaible and i have 19043.1202 (thats perfect)
just a ques...how would i know if there is a new stable build out?? cause i have not enrolled for any insider preview and not did that file steps for "disable preview builds once next release is public"
do i need to do this?

@hirdyansh487 

Automatic update - if enabled, it will install the necessary files.

I understood that you unregistered from the Insider program?

So everything should work fine!

"disable preview builds once next release is public" ( yes of course you have to do it )
thnks for helping
i will contact u again if i have any problem

@davequail did you even read the post?! Why would you even waste your time writing a useless response that clearly is not what is needed to answer the question. He said he already reverted to windows 10 and needs to stop the update from staying in the update section and keep trying to update.

Please don't post if you don't want to put in any effort to actually read what is going on.