Unable to link account for windows insider preview

Copper Contributor

Hello, I am experiencing a problem with their windows 11 Insider account. I recently did a clean install and now the problem is, when you go Settings in the Insider section, they are not able to link windows insider account even though they have logged in with that account. When you click "Link an account" nothing happens. Please assist.

2 Replies

@mrnoproblem,

I suggest you to re-register Settings app.

Try this command in PowerShell window:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name windows.immersivecontrolpanel | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}

After re-register Settings, see if you can link Windows Insider account.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name windows.immersivecontrolpanel | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose} VERBOSE: Performing the operation "Register package" on target "C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\AppXManifest.xml".
Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it
modifies are currently in use.
error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed
windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.6.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy.
NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] cf843bfa-bf2d-0005-1689-88cf2dbfd901 in the Event Log or use
the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID cf843bfa-bf2d-0005-1689-88cf2dbfd901
At line:1 char:74
+ ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Windows\Imme...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

VERBOSE: Operation completed for: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\AppXManifest.xml