Tech Community Live: Windows edition
Jun 05 2024, 07:30 AM - 11:30 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

Having Problems Updating to Windows11 22623.741/746

Brass Contributor

Good evening,

I have a problem installing windows11 22623.741/746

I'm now on the version of 22622.601 and could receive the latest version 22623 successfully

But once I could receiver 22623, I kept receiving installing error as 0×800F0922

As I'm the first time to install 22623, so Windows Update signed the update as a feature update instead of a cumulative update

Can anyone HELP me how to solve this problem?

Thxs a lot!

PS: Other update could been downloaded and installed successfully like Net Framework Update

屏幕截图_20221015_003846.png

43 Replies
**bleep**, it can't function without administrator's rights.
May I ask you which version is your computer in now? Is it 22623 or even higher.
Since the recovery can't run without administrator, it seemed that standard account is only provided with the most basic function in Windows11 and even you can't install or uninstall any app on it.
What else can you offer me? I'm terribly disappointed about this issue! (This negative emotion isn't for you, OK? You've always did a great job to provide me any help you could imagine)

@Eason_C1210 

I wonder what would happen if you signed in with your Microsoft account on this PC to the insider program?

Now the system has your security credentials so there is a chance of success.

@A1 

There seems no way to conduct this process, because after my account was switch to the standard one, Windows Insider Program this option was no longer appeared in Windows Update tag

Do you mean that I just tried to sign in my Microsoft account to Insider Program or do you mean let me install an Insider system then?

(PS1:My laptop didn't meet the requirement, Windows Insider Program would never ask me to sign in, only tell me that I need to return back to Windows10 for security reason)

(PS2:Remember where this blog started from? It's from the updating issue of Insider System, by I sent this reply, the latest version 22623.870 reported the same code 0×800F0922 once again, and I can't even switch back to RP channel due to UAC limit)

@Eason_C1210 

Forgot to give admin rights to an account in Win 11 - Microsoft Community Hub

This is a new discussion with a similar problem, but there is no answer yet.