Having Problems Updating to Windows11 22623.741/746

Brass Contributor

Good evening,

I have a problem installing windows11 22623.741/746

I'm now on the version of 22622.601 and could receive the latest version 22623 successfully

But once I could receiver 22623, I kept receiving installing error as 0×800F0922

As I'm the first time to install 22623, so Windows Update signed the update as a feature update instead of a cumulative update

Can anyone HELP me how to solve this problem?

Thxs a lot!

PS: Other update could been downloaded and installed successfully like Net Framework Update

屏幕截图_20221015_003846.png

43 Replies
The ONLY account my system now have is a local standard account, which prevent me from creating an administrator account
What's more, I haven't use my Microsoft account as the login account, because I prefer not to login through the password, so I didn't log into it.
That means that there's only a local standard account in my system and I can't do anything that might need to do now (INCLUDING system reinstall, app install, account setting and other critical movement)
Please, I really need help.

@Eason_C1210 

Windows sign-in options and account protection (microsoft.com)

Please follow this step, if you add a Microsoft account to Windows, then it is likely that everything will be fixed.

The Microsoft account has been log in as an option to log into Windows successfully.
What should I do next then?
I'm sorry to tell you that something unexpected happened.
I can't find an option "Family and Other Users"
The only option I got was "Family"
Which means the system had completely block me from switch the account type
Under this circumstance, what else can I do to solve this issue then?

@Eason_C1210 

Just to make sure that something is incorrect from the link you sent me.

I took shot of the option I have now, which might be a bit different from expected to show you the problem I'm now in.

(My laptop's language was set to be Chinese Simplified, so if you are not that good in Chinese, better compare the logo front of the option to identify the type of this option)

@Eason_C1210 

Yes , here you should configure the Pin to the Windows Hello service, or log in with a Microsoft password - these are the easiest ways , if it was all correct then this account would automatically be an administrator account when you log in to Windows.

But somehow that wasn't the fact I'm now facing.
When I log in as Microsoft account, it didn't inform me as administrator.
By contrast, the UAC control notification still occurred and I still didn't have a chance to click YES for the upcoming procedure.
Why is that? This new issue made the problem even more complicated and it was a tough process to figure it out?
Hope you can give me further instruction on this problem!
Thanks a lot!

@Eason_C1210 

Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22621.746 and 22623.746 | Windows Insider Blog

if you go to Insider settings, is it the same Microsoft account?

Have you linked both accounts on this computer.

It is the same Microsoft account.
The account I'm now log into my system has already registered for the Insider program for 3 years.
But after I start to log in as standard account.
The option "Windows Insider Program"option has disappeared from Windows Update tag
Which means I have no enough power to view the setting.
But my laptop was still on 22622.601 and strategies by Offline Insider Enroll

@Eason_C1210 

The Windows Insider Program

you can log in to the insider again and restart the computer and the Insider settings should be restored.

But before you do this, try to perform a clean boot (will there still be an error) if it asks for a password type the Microsoft password

Sorry, I may not log in to the Insider Program because my computer doesn't meet the basic requirement of Windows11 and Offline Insider Enroll is the exact tool that could help me skip the hardware check, which means I didn't log in to Insider Program.
What's more, I can't perform a clean boot due to UAC limit. When I type in "msconfig.exe", UAC required an approval from administrator account, which was exactly the account I'm lack of in my laptop.

@Eason_C1210 

your configuration has been changed, so this is unusual because you should know the administrator password if it was previously active, and it was you who was the administrator.

SFC - scan can you do?

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files (microsoft.com)

I am the previous administrator, but I never set a password for my administrator account since I'm kind of lazy to type in the password every time I turn on my laptop, so when I configure my account, I click "the password will never overdue" (The same meaning, translated from Chinese), so I can hardly remember whether I have set any password for my administrator account.
But for SFC and DISM command, Windows Terminal constantly informed that to use these tools, it need elevated command (I'm not sure whether this means administration required)
Please help me run SFC and DISM command, perhaps it would help!

@Eason_C1210 

Yes, you must have administrator privileges to run SFC.

I always use a password, so, I don't know how to fix it'

There are 900,000 Members in MTC maybe someone will help you.

@Eason_C1210 

Check again: open the Windows Defender service (account and login protection) see if you are logged in correctly there,

If you're still in a local account, you won't be logged in there and the security doesn't have the correct credentials.

@A1 

Yes, from Windows Security, I can confirm that my Microsoft account has successfully log in to my Windows and is now functioning as planned.

But somehow, UAC limit didn't disappear and it remained still that some part of functions still can't work out.

(PS: Due to personal information privacy, I have hide my account address to ensure my privacy security)

@Eason_C1210 

This is good, run additional tools to solve update problems and try to update , you can do a full scan with defender beforehand, maybe it will restore the correct registers worth a try 

Good luck!

Thanks a lot, the full scan is now in process now.
But for the additional tool. can you describe it more specifically so that I may download it and try to run it without administrator's approval.

@Eason_C1210 

This is not a system tool (in the settings where there is Update security and recovery), but for this you do not need administrator rights, but I'm not sure, sorry I've always been an administrator, never a user without permissions.