Having Problems Updating to Windows11 22623.741/746

Brass Contributor

Good evening,

I have a problem installing windows11 22623.741/746

I'm now on the version of 22622.601 and could receive the latest version 22623 successfully

But once I could receiver 22623, I kept receiving installing error as 0×800F0922

As I'm the first time to install 22623, so Windows Update signed the update as a feature update instead of a cumulative update

Can anyone HELP me how to solve this problem?

Thxs a lot!

PS: Other update could been downloaded and installed successfully like Net Framework Update

屏幕截图_20221015_003846.png

43 Replies
Hello regarding this issue I suggest you to report this issue to windows feedback hub then Microsoft will acknowledge your issue and give you fix as soon as possible.
Thanks a lot for your reply.

So far, it is a little bit worrying that there's still nobody reporting the same issue as I have met.

Seldom users are updating to the latest version through a pack of feature update

Most of them have already updated to 22623 before and the only update they could receive is a cumulative update

I'm not sure whether Microsoft Technical Team could fix this issue.

But I have constantly met this issue in 22623.741/746 twice

Hopefully I could successfully update to the latest version next week

@Eason_C1210 I have the same problem since last August but none in Microsoft was able to solve the problem. I tried to reload Win11 but when I try to update, the system says that there is a problem.

And there is no way. To solve maybe I’ll have to loose all apps I have installed.

Bad thing!!

Thanks for your report

I'm now focusing on the report that may be collected and reported this issue to Microsoft to prove the issue not only appears in some particular devices

The best solution from now is wait for the next cumulative update which might be released next Friday morning.

By then I'll check whether this issue is solved perfectly and I'll send my personal report here for the latest feedback of this issue.

I can understand that it's tough to see that your device unable to update to the latest version

Is your device try to update to the version 22623 as I do or you just meet the similar issue?

If it is not for 22623, it might be able to reinstall your Windows11 through ISO file (you can keep all your personal file and apps for the update)

Thanks again for your report, I'll work on it until we solve this issue together!

@Alfax62  you won't loose any your apps or data windows iso have option to keep my apps and data then it will upgrade your windows without losing any your stuff.

You should report this issue on windows feedback hub so Microsoft can give you fix as soon as possible.

@Ali Zamin shah the problem is that I wrote several times to Microsoft from August to now but no solutions.

And I reinstall several times Win 11 maintening my apps. Every time I tried to update.

What's your computer specs?
I have a Dell Precision 7750 32Gb 2Tb Nvme disk
I have. By the way, a user in Microsoft community report that my error code was not exactly as it shows, maybe you could read about this blog to learn a bit. You certainly can help me deal with the issue. I trust you a lot! (LINK:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_update/build-22621-22623746-...)
Thanks Eason I will definitely read this blog for you and get back to you if I get something helpful.

@Ali Zamin shah 

Thanks a lot for your help.

Please feedback if you collect anything helpful to my issue.

Assumed that my next reply will be on Friday evening since then I will try the latest version in Beta Channel that will released on Friday morning.

Thanks a lot

@Eason_C1210 You're welcome and sure I will be.

@Ali Zamin shah 

Last night, I tried to update to 22623.830, but failed again with the same error code.

Do you think that if I reinstall my system through official Beta ISO file will help to figure out my issue then?

Thanks 

Hi @Eason_C1210 

Yes, updating in place is a good idea, but there may still be an error - then a clean installation of Windows remains as the final solution;)

Using ISOs - Windows Insider Program | Microsoft Learn

But why would the problem still occurr? I thought reinstall the original ISO would solve all of the problems now I have.

@Eason_C1210 

Because the in-place update does not change the system settings, and does not delete the application, so the error may still occur, because the cause of the conflict will not be removed.

@A1 

I may have some tough issue to handle right away
My account was switched from administrator to normal one by accidentally operation
I have no idea why the run code "netplwiz" would allow me to switch my only administrator account to a normal one
Now I can not run any application which need to "run as administrator", including "Setup.exe" in ISO file
What should I do now?
I have question about this issue in Microsoft Community, but so far there's still no one replied it.
By the way, the normal solution (Safe Mode) isn't help now, because even I switch to Safe Mode, the account control still informs me that I need to run as administrator, otherwise I can't use it.
Please help me!

@Eason_C1210 

please check if the system activation is linked to your Microsoft account?

create a Windows administrator account and add this account to Windows:

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows (microsoft.com)