Brightness not working after latest update

Brass Contributor

Dear Windows 11 Team,

I am writing to report an issue that I have encountered after the latest Windows 11 Insider Program update. Specifically, I have noticed that the brightness controls on my device are not working properly. Despite my attempts to adjust the brightness settings, the screen remains at a constant level of brightness.

Please let me know if there is any additional information or diagnostic reports that I can provide to help diagnose and fix this issue. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best regards

Syed Talha Hashmi

86 Replies

@TalhaHashmi95 
I faced the same issue where my brightness was stuck on 31% and wasn't changing
I tried many things, like updating updating the "intel UHD graphics" display adapter, and it wasn't fixed

but then I installed Microsoft basic display driver, and then restarted my pc. then updated the "Microsoft basic display driver" and reinstalled "intel UHD graphics" and then the problem was fixed.

It's November and I've tried everything suggested here and nothing worked. I have a year old Dell Inspiron 7710 AIO and now I feel that it's ruined. My eyes are killing me at night because the screen is too bright.

@TalhaHashmi95 

Was facing the same issue. I disabled and enabled a Graphics driver in the device manager and that fixed it:

Parnika182_0-1702445202602.png

1. Go to control panel > Device manager> Display adapters > Right click and disable

2. The screen goes blank for a second and then comes back again.

3. Repeat the same and enable it.

Hope this helps

Success! Odd how I did that multiple times before but now it suddenly works. I guess with the new update, Microsoft finally addressed the issue.
microsoft im facing the same issue and its been a long time nothing has happened till now. brightness doesn't change at the moment but it changes after restarting and this is a big problem so do something

@Garvish_Agrawal 

My problem was solved some time ago after an update. But since the latest developer update, my music notation software "Finale" closes down right after the start. So now I'm using my previous laptop with Windows 10. I'm glad I didn't sell it.

no need to worry for now, just undo or uninstall or rollback to the previous version and it would work best for you. Another option is to wait for a patch to be released,  averagely in the middle of month (patch Tuesday). In all, you'll be well. Thanks@Garvish_Agrawal