Brightness not working after latest update

Brass Contributor

Dear Windows 11 Team,

I am writing to report an issue that I have encountered after the latest Windows 11 Insider Program update. Specifically, I have noticed that the brightness controls on my device are not working properly. Despite my attempts to adjust the brightness settings, the screen remains at a constant level of brightness.

Please let me know if there is any additional information or diagnostic reports that I can provide to help diagnose and fix this issue. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best regards

Syed Talha Hashmi

86 Replies

@carlaPH

A roll back isn't a fix though. You're simply going back to a previous build, which doesn't exactly fix the brightness problem with the latest build

I have the same problem...
Please let me know to fix them
Looks like they haven't fixed the screen brightness yet
It appears Microsoft will not issue a fix in the next build (week of March 20). Perhaps week of March 27 will have a fix.

@TalhaHashmi95GErizekalı windows. önce masaüstündeki simgelerin yerlerini mahvetti şimdi de ekranı bozdu. gerizekalılar mı çalışıyor windowsta ya. aptal herifler. gerzek manyaklar. o ekran parlaklığını ayarladığım çubuk götünüze girsin onun bunun çocukları. yavşak itsoyları.

Dumb windows. i already uninstalled the updates and still can't control the screen brightness. my Fn key is broken so i can't physically control the brightness. now my eyes are burning thanks to those dumb **bleep**s.

@TheNige69 

it's from windows os, i was upgrading to windows 11 insider build 25314 and then i got an error in brightness. So, this solution only one just you must wait this windows next update, thanks

I have the same problem. Tried everything and nothing help me...

Hi All

I had the same problem with screen brightness many here have had

I think i fixed it my rolling back the update

after trying everything else incl numerous drivers etc

Now there is  new update which has the same issue and

I cant roll this one back --

My screen is dull maybe 50% setting when i like 90%

to say that its extremely annoying is an understatement

Microsoft can you please let us all know how to fix this

Thank you

Regards, Joe

ps if it matters Im on SB2

@TalhaHashmi95 

I am also this exact same problem. I have recorded the feedback. This brightness issue needs to be fixed ASAP. 

@HanumantMore 

hi everyone i have my screen brightness issue resolved by using

uninstall updates

Joe_Sydney_0-1679362918928.png

after you do this then do pause updates for one week

if you dont do this i think it will reupdate with the problem update

at the next opportunity usually overnight

unless they fix it after a week the new update will come and

so far uninstall update again has been fixing the issue

the screen brightness is annoying and my fix is annoying but

less annoying than the screen being so dull

guys let me know how you go

didn't work for me..............@Joe_Sydney 

Hi Neyzen it is working well for me im on sb2 if it helps
if you can have another look -- i think i couldnt do it then
i looked again the next day and did it and it did work
i hope trying again will work -- its my best idea Joe
By the way, what is sb2? -- I'm updating to the latest version today; if you say so, hopefully it works.
SB2 is Surface Book 2.

@sharpuser 

The brightness problem has been fixed with Windows 11 Insider Preview 25324.1000 23 March 2023.

Confirmed it was fixed after the latest update. I did it today, March 27, 2023. So, the problem was really windows, not drivers or hardware's.
HI guys yes they fixed it --
and now it came back on 29 March update !
ps i just tried uninstalling the two updates and it didnt fix the screen brightness Joe
With Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.25324.1011 update fixes the brightness issue and at the moment my problem is resolved. Thanks Microsoft