Windows 10 provisioned CPC to Windows 11 Upgrade path

Brass Contributor

Is there some sort of upgrade path for CPC already provisioned under Windows 10? I tried using ConfigMan, but that failed.   

5 Replies

@Jessie S,

Thanks for the question, but I think we need some more details. Can you provide:

1) How the devices are managed, example: Configuration Manager and Co-Managed with Intune?

2) Are you running any third-party anti-virus applications? 

There are a lot of variables here that we need to understand to assist. 

Thanks!

@Jessie S Hi Jessie,
I had my Windows 10 CPC deployed and then i decided to upgrade to Windows 11 using the Feature Update for Windows 10 and later policy. Within couple of days all the Cloud PC got updated to Windows 11 22h2

askaresh_0-1668726427937.png

I was thinking about going the route. I wonder when Microsoft are going to upgrade their AutoPatch cycle to reflect Windows 10 22H2 or even Windows 11 22H2, rather than Windows 10 21H2. I will give this a try.
The CPC are co-management with Intune, and for testing we have some CPC in the proper collections so intune can manage most of the workloads. Yes we are using third party av but we have exceptions in place.
Good luck it works very well! However, make sure you perform testing before rolling out to production.