Windows 11 suddenly has trouble connecting to any bluetooth audio device.

Copper Contributor

Hello!

I hope some of you might have the magic combination to this problem as many things I've tried didn't solve my following issue. 

I've been using several amazing Bluetooth headphones as my main audio setup for my windows 11 machine but until a certain point this week it all has ceased functioning correctly. It started happening three days ago. I was in a voice call with some of my friends in the program called Discord and suddenly lost all audio. I then proceeded to attempt to reconnect, reinstall Bluetooth drivers, factory resetting my Bluetooth headphones. setting the Bluetooth discovery from default to advanced. Ensured my machine was discoverable. Tried using my motherboard's internal Bluetooth (intel based) instead of my ASUS bt500 USB Bluetooth dongle. Removing the Bluetooth devices/radios and audio devices from the device manager and reinstalling them. Re-enabling the handsfree Bluetooth service as i disabled this earlier. Many of the listed attempts were performed with device reboots.

All attempts resulted in my machine not being able to hold a proper connection with several Bluetooth audio devices. The Bluetooth audio devices are Focal Bathys and the Bowers&Wilkins Px8. I tried connecting my machine to my mobile phone and for some reason that worked without issues. The connection held for file transfer and everything.

Let me show you in steps what i see : 

MrDeffX1_0-1716548741784.png

i set my device i wish to connect into pairing mode.

MrDeffX1_1-1716548768333.png

MrDeffX1_2-1716548807738.png

after selecting the device i want to connect to it'll try.

MrDeffX1_3-1716548821850.png

it'll briefly say that the device is connected and quickly seems to disconnect.

MrDeffX1_4-1716548831064.png

the device is now listed in the audio devices.

MrDeffX1_5-1716548863129.png

but attempting to connect to them they always show this message below it. even though they're discoverable and turned on.

MrDeffX1_6-1716548874229.png

If any of you folks could help me out I'd appreciate it greatly. Let me know if you need me to provide anything. Thank you. :)

3 Replies

@MrDeffX1 

The same happened to me on Win 10

You need to pair each device once again :(

Removing device from bluetooth device list doesn't work

@Michal80 

I think your issue is different from mine, Pairing the device doesn't even work for me.

same here, so frustrating, I've spent hours trying to solve this to no avail, smartphone works fine, even the ps5 controller, except it doesn't detect as audio anymore like it used to.