Weird grey square on second monitor upon login

Copper Contributor

As the tittle says, everytime when I log in to my computer (clean boot or just when signing out and back in) a grey square in the bottom left corner appears on my second monitor. This square stays on the screen until you click something on the screen that is not the square or when something happens on the screen(like a program opening). You can click on the square and the cursor seems to select something but the button has no text or program icon in the taskbar. The problem occured after installing 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5036893).

As some back story of the setup.

• 2x 3440x1440 ultrawide monitors in a stacked setup(one below main screen and one above second screen)

• AMD R9 7900X3D

• 32gb ram

• Nvidia RTX 3080

Troubleshooting steps taken:

• disconnecting a monitor (problem not there)

• moving the top monitor to a different location(virtually moving within display options in windows)( problem not there)

• using selective startup to disable all startup programs( problem occurs)

• using selective startup to disable services and startup programs( problem not there)

• clean windows install with no programs or anything just windows update. (problem occurs)

As my troubleshooting im assuming its something within windows and not a program thats installed. Has anyone had a simulair problem and possibly a sollution?cn5fi5vdcnvc1.jpeg

0 Replies