Laptop not picking up headset microphone

Copper Contributor

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen, 

I've tried multiple things to try to fix this issue, so to the internet I go... 

When plugging in my headset into my laptop it used to work, but now all it does is pick up the microphone that is built-in the laptop itself. It's a working 3.5mm jack built into the computer itself, and after updating to the latest update of Windows 11 it just doesn't pickup, the headset still pushes out audio, but doesn't pick-up any audio through the microphone, I've tried two different headsets and the computer just thinks they're headphones, I've tried to unistall all the drivers that are available for all audio, reset the computer, and the computer installed the drivers back all up-to-date, I tried to look at the sound control panel at disabled devices and everything is displayed, I've checked on Realtek's website to see if they had any driver's or around YouTube, and I have a 4 pin headset, and a 4 pin 3.5mm jack.

My only idea, is that when I updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10 something happened, and I no longer have a back up of Windows 10 that I am able to install.

If someone is able to help me in my journey in trying to find a fix it would be so helpful.

V/R,

Zach 

0 Replies