How to download videos from X Twitter on a PC?

Copper Contributor

I found three funny video clips on X (Twitter.com). Can I download those X videos on my Windows 11 PC?  I tried a few online tools but they did not work.  I’m kinda stuck on the best way to do it. Anyone know a straightforward tool or method that works well for this? Just looking to download some X clips for offline viewing.

Thank you

6 Replies

Oh, I feel your frustration! And I stumbled upon this neat trick to download videos from X Twitter directly onto my PC. Here's how I did it:

1. Inspect Element: Right-click on the video you want to download and select "Inspect" from the dropdown menu. This opens up the developer tools.
  2. Find the Video URL: In the developer tools, look for the HTML code related to the video. It usually starts with <video> or <source>. Once you find it, there should be a URL associated with it. Copy that URL.
  3. Paste and Go: Now, paste the URL into a new tab in your browser and hit enter. This should directly open the video in a new tab.
  4. Download the Video: Once the video is playing in the new tab, right-click on it and select "Save video as..." (or similar phrasing depending on your browser). Choose where you want to save the video on your PC and click Save.

It's a bit of a workaround to download videos from X Twitter on a PC, but it's pretty straightforward once you get the hang of it. Plus, it doesn't require any third-party tools or websites, which is a bonus in my book! Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Oh, that can be a bit of a pickle! Yes, you can definitely download videos from Twitter to your Windows 11 PC. There are a bunch of third-party tools and apps that can help with that. One straightforward tool I’d recommend is AllClipDown . It's free, works on Windows, and is pretty good at handling video downloads from various sites, including Twitter. Just make sure to download it from its official website to avoid any sketchy versions. After installing, just copy the Twitter video link, and AllClipDown should handle the rest. It’s pretty handy!
Sure thing! If you're looking to download videos from Twitter, you might want to try out a tool like 4K Video Downloader. It's user-friendly and works well on Windows 11. Just grab the URL of the Twitter video you want to download, paste it into the app, and you're good to go. It should handle the rest and let you save the video for offline viewing. Easy peasy!
Hey! Yep, downloading videos from Twitter can be a bit of a hassle sometimes. Since many online tools can be hit or miss, you might want to try a more reliable app like "AllClipDown." It's straightforward: just copy the Twitter video link, paste it into the app, and download. This app tends to work pretty well for grabbing videos for offline viewing. Give it a shot!

By default, the video is not available for download on X, the same as Twitter. Fortunately, there are a couple of online services to do that. You should first located the video URL on X and paste it into the website. The drawback is that no batch download and the website might contain ads or virus.

For safety reason, it is more recommended using a desktop app to download videos from X or Twitter.

You can try browser extension to help you download videos from X/Twitter.

Firstly, you'll need to choose a reliable browser extension that supports video downloads from Twitter. Popular options include "Video DownloadHelper" and "Twitter Media Downloader," which are available for browsers like Chrome and Firefox.

Next, install the chosen browser extension by clicking on the "Add to Chrome" or "Add to Firefox" button, depending on your browser. After the extension is successfully added to your browser, you may need to restart the browser to activate it. Once the extension is active, simply play the video you want to download and click on the extension icon in your browser toolbar to start the download process.

Finally, choose the download quality and format for the video and confirm the download. The video will be saved to your computer's downloads folder or the location you specified. Keep in mind that downloading videos without proper authorization or permission may violate copyright laws, so make sure you have the necessary rights to download and use the video content.